Just a couple of things.

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Dave
Thug

Just a couple of things.

Post by Dave »

Two things which have occured to me while playing the game which just seem like design overlooks to me, but forgive me if i'm mistaken.

1. The plasma rifle and gep gun both sell for 2000c in the gun store, and the credit things on the front of them require 4 multitools to hack at an untrained electronics level. However, even at untrained electronics skill, it is cheaper to buy 4 multitools from the vending machine at 400c each, totalling 1600c and using them to hack the plasma rifle case, rather than paying for it on the case.

2. The fight with goat leader Athena seemed to glitch up a bit for me. I went through big hall, killing everyone, raiding her room, exploring the secret room through the kitchen, turning the 4 valves etc, but i just couldn't find her. I then came here and scoured the forums for a while, reading stuff about her ressurecting over a fountain and cool stuff like that. But i couldn't find her at all, then i loaded my game, decided to give up on the quest, and as i was walking past the security room, i saw her standing staring at a wall, so i walked up behind her, and killed her completely with one slash from the nanosword...some fight :(
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Just a couple of things.

Post by bobby 55 »

Did you get the quest from Beefman first?Usually the fight's a bit more epic than that.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Dave wrote: 1. The plasma rifle and gep gun both sell for 2000c in the gun store, and the credit things on the front of them require 4 multitools to hack at an untrained electronics level. However, even at untrained electronics skill, it is cheaper to buy 4 multitools from the vending machine at 400c each, totalling 1600c and using them to hack the plasma rifle case, rather than paying for it on the case.
Well..theft would hardly be wise if it was MORE expensive to steal than buy, would it? :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm guessing Athena heard you messing around and came out to investigate. Bad luck I guess :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Dave
Thug

Post by Dave »

DDL wrote:
Dave wrote: 1. The plasma rifle and gep gun both sell for 2000c in the gun store, and the credit things on the front of them require 4 multitools to hack at an untrained electronics level. However, even at untrained electronics skill, it is cheaper to buy 4 multitools from the vending machine at 400c each, totalling 1600c and using them to hack the plasma rifle case, rather than paying for it on the case.
Well..theft would hardly be wise if it was MORE expensive to steal than buy, would it? :)
But hacking the card reader makes no alarm, and doesn't turn the shop keeper hostile either, therefore the theft has no downside.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Except you still spend 1600 credits on it...
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Dave
Thug

Post by Dave »

Yes... But theft costs 1600c, and has no reprocussions. And buying the weapon costs 2000c. therefore it is always going to be better to steal?
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Dave wrote:Yes... But theft costs 1600c, and has no reprocussions. And buying the weapon costs 2000c. therefore it is always going to be better to steal?
Technically, it is always better to find one on your own, since that costs nothing :D
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Dave
Thug

Post by Dave »

Heh, true that. ALL i'm saying is that surely when you walk into the gunstore, it should be the same price to do both things if theft doesn't create any additional problems for the player.
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

1.Anyway, gunshop is more of intresting feature then real shop. Prices are unnormal.
btw: Tips between levels says plasma rifle can shoot throught wall, how do i do that?
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Dave wrote:Heh, true that. ALL i'm saying is that surely when you walk into the gunstore, it should be the same price to do both things if theft doesn't create any additional problems for the player.
No, that would make theft completely pointless. Stealing from Sol's is in most cases far more expensive than just buying, in a few cases it can be economically advantageous, but it's still theft. Even if you do it in such a way that you aren't caught, you're still stealing. If you have no problem with that, you'll be saving some money - but you'll also be a thief.
Rex wrote:btw: Tips between levels says plasma rifle can shoot throught wall, how do i do that?
Point at a wall. Shoot.

If you want it to be useful, you'll need the Vision Enhancement aug on a high enough level to see enemies through walls.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Dave
Thug

Post by Dave »

A very good point, however, if in the real world, anyone could walk into a department store, and steal food knowing that no one would ever ever find out and there would be no reprocussions at all, trust me we'd have a lot more shoplifters in this world.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Which is completely irrelevant to this game.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Dave wrote:A very good point, however, if in the real world, anyone could walk into a department store, and steal food knowing that no one would ever ever find out and there would be no reprocussions at all, trust me we'd have a lot more shoplifters in this world.
Anyone can do this in the real world... They just don't know it. Ignorance is the true glue that holds our society together.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
DDL

Post by DDL »

Well, that or a shared sense of moral responsibility that we've progressively selected for over thousands of years.