It's the second day and everybody wants to kill me

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Morti
UNATCO

It's the second day and everybody wants to kill me

Post by Morti »

I killed pretty much everyone in the slums after I got out of DXI, first thing I did was to hide behind the bots that were on my side and let them sort out the ones that were out to kill me. Then I made my way onto the first rooftop I found, took out the snipers with the firestaff (both ran around screaming for a bit before falling off the roof, which was all kinds of excellent) and shot everyone in the slums with the scoped AO pistol. Well, until I ran out of ammo and then the firestaff came out again but that was fine.

Then I got back to the corporate district... how exactly is this bit of the game supposed to work?

I got back to PDX without much trouble then I decided to go for Wolfy's mission in DX Editing. While I was talking to him a load of World Corp types swarmed me and I just about got into DX Editing by hitting the cloak and ballistic protection augs and legging it round the corner. I was pretty weak and neglected to bring any distance knock-out weapons but managed the whole thing by cloaking, walking up to guards and punching them with the stun gloves.

So I leave DX Editing, weaker still than I was when I went in, and managed to talk to Wolfy. I didn't get attacked too much on my way to speak to him but yet again a mass of guards congregated while the conversation was happening and the instant the conversation was over I was gibbed. I reloaded and figured my best option might be to head straight back to PDX and heal up before talking to Wolfy.

I didn't have much bioelectric energy left at this point but I had just enough to get there with either cloak or ballistic protection. So I went for ballistic protection since there were also bots out there and since I wanted to get in quickly the front door would be the best option and there were guys there waiting to kill me so I thought they might notice me with the cloak.

I nearly died, both my legs were blown out and I crawled the last few inches into PDX then all the way to the medibot. Took a couple of uses to heal up and I recharged all my bioelectric energy with the repair bot in the armoury toilet. I saved, went outside and immediately everything except the PDX military bots started firing, firewall agents included. I'm not sure what I did to piss them off since they were fine when I first got there, perhaps they didn't approve of my actions in DX Editing or something.

So... now what? I'm trapped in PDX, if I leave through any of the doors I'll be dead in under a minute. Cloak and ballistic protection will let me last a little longer but it's still a matter of time, especially as I still haven't talked to Wolfy to get my reward money and I'll want that as soon as possible. I can only think of two potential options here, either I can go out, kill one or two guards, come back, heal, rinse, repeat or turn on god mode and put the DTS to work. Frankly I'd rather not do either as I'm trying to keep the body count down and avoid the required repetition or cheating that come with both my plans.

Does this sort of thing happen to everyone on day 2 and how did people deal with it?

Thanks.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Re: It's the second day and everybody wants to kill me

Post by AgentSmithereens »

That's never happened to me, don't know how that's happened.

Here's an idea though, if you've got the key to the sewers you can go the PDX courtyard place, open the grate, go down into the sewers, and go wherever you want by using that whole network.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

The Firewalls are easily angered, often mistaking even their own kills as yours. When they find a body they turn enemy to you, often leading to "WTF WHY AM I BEING SHOT!?!?!?" moments. You can type "loveme" and use it like the "tantalus" code to turn them allied again, or you can use an EMO grenade. Or if you do not mind cheating spawn a LAW or Vortex grenade. >:D

*Pre-post edit* Yes the sewers are a viable option, I must have forgotten about them.
Morti
UNATCO

Post by Morti »

Yeah, sewers might be an idea, can't say I'm a big fan of spending too much time down there though. How does the "loveme" cheat work? Would I have to point at each NPC who I wanted on my side individually and type the command in?
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Yes, but with God mode and the pause button it is no big deal.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Or make yourself invisible (invisible 1), then run around and make everybody friendly, then go back and make yourself visible again (invisible 0).

And next time if you don't want to get swarmed by WorldCorp thugs, stay out of their way when they storm the PDX positions. In short: hide more.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

That's why i love the speed aug. I find if you kill the WC guys(i use a LAW) that are between Wolfy and Ravings,they're in that park,you can speak to Wolfy unhindered.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Pfew... the Milbot and flamethrower firewall wipe WC with ease. Just wait till they are all dead, then speak to Wolfy.

STOP WASTING AMMO... The waste, oh, the waste! :P
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Morti
UNATCO

Post by Morti »

I got a few people to love me as suggested, exploded a few bots because they are heartless machines and will never give me the affection I so sorely need. It worked pretty well. After talking to Wolfy, instead of getting blown to little bits, I got to watch an epic battle between the firewalls and the World Corp goons hiding in the park. That was cool.