Weird-Ass Rat

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

FatDragon
Mole Person

Weird-Ass Rat

Post by FatDragon »

Sorry to drop two topics at once, I must look like a world-class asshole in my first two posts, but whatever.

What the hell is with the weird-ass rat in the PDX HQ, and why can't I get any hits on it with a forum search? Surely other people have noticed it...
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Weird-Ass Rat

Post by Jaedar »

FatDragon wrote:Sorry to drop two topics at once, I must look like a world-class asshole in my first two posts, but whatever.
What the hell is with the weird-ass rat in the PDX HQ, and why can't I get any hits on it with a forum search? Surely other people have noticed it...
Welcome to the forums... oh yes we have noticed it, and the information you seek exists ingame, although you may need a decent computer skill to find it. If you want me/us to totally spoil it, just ask.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

That's one feature I was like "OH SHIT" in sheer amazement about too.
When I was younger I knew a motherfucker like you!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yeah. When you find the answer it is another chuckalicious moment.

Edit: You gonna have to try harder than posting twice to get a world class asshole award here. Want some pointers? lol.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hey FatDragon (man what a nick name, I feel like I'm insulting you just saying hi), welcome to the forums. Hope you stick around :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Morti
UNATCO

Post by Morti »

Can someone at least tell me about the Weird Ass-Rat?
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Morti wrote:Can someone at least tell me about the Weird Ass-Rat?
Go to DXO, read some mails and datacubes.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Morti wrote:Can someone at least tell me about the Weird Ass-Rat?
Minor spoiler(basic clue): Hax all computer you run by and you will find it, watch out for mail from person you can't meet.
Medium spoiler(exact clue):TRM's computer..
Major spiler(info about it): It's one of DXO people who spy on PDX, you got it in mail on TRM's computer, it's mentioned that he done something wrong about mesh and became blue but no one noticed it, and that he sent ask for painting job to ABI.
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

I love it when people get confused.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
FatDragon
Mole Person

Post by FatDragon »

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Fat Dragon is actually the translation of my Chinese name, 胖龙 (Pang4 Long3 for those of you who know/like pinyin). I'm an American expat in Wuhan, China, teaching kindergarten English, hence the Chinese name. It raises a lot of eyebrows around here - "Fat" isn't exactly a valid surname, but people don't forget it after they've met me, kinda like the locally famous Canadian 大山 - Big Mountain...

I'm through DXI now, and I love how the game has ramped up. It reminds me of the inevitable point in DX where I always sour on my demi-pacifist ways and start rocking the body count. Considering the amount of random mods I've pumped into Trestkon's pistols by now, I was extremely pleased to see how good they can be - they seemed pretty crappy in the beginning with my low skills and no mods on them. I do wish I could use a scope with them - I'd be happy to limit myself to one pistol for the privilege, but one can't have everything.

In DX I always installed the vision aug instead of targeting - does targeting always kill the "disabled" tag over fried bots? I used an entire EMP Pistol clip (charge?) on a standard security bot in DXE because I didn't see the tag. Oops...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Hahaha! Okay so I for one will stick with Fat Dragon or FD. Can't say I noticed that with targeting but I go for 'vision' mostly.
Have a poke around Spoilers and you will find some highly amusing posts on other pacifists turning violent.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

In DX I always installed the vision aug instead of targeting - does targeting always kill the "disabled" tag over fried bots? I used an entire EMP Pistol clip (charge?) on a standard security bot in DXE because I didn't see the tag. Oops...
Yup, instead it says [name] (Disabled) as the name of the bot above the targeting window. It's a lot harder to notice than a disabled above the bot though, I agree.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...