Your most stupid death

Discuss The Nameless Mod in all its glory, unrestricted by the spoiler prohibition in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Robd
Thug

Re: Your most stupid death

Post by Robd »

I'm pretty sure that's what I ended up doing, lol. I didn't even finish the worldcorp ending though, after he sent me to phasmatis I started feeling bad and worked for PDX, lol
I'm too cool for a signature, that's my signature 8)
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Not TNM, but I can share one for DX.

In Oswald's there was a locked vault with an explosive vate very near. I pushed the vate to the vault (to save a LAM or lockpicks). Or so I thought. The damn door inbetween closed in on me, detonated the vate, nearly killing me. Ugh.
Okay then, LAM it is. I throw it, make a run... when that same damn door closes up on me trying to run through it. Result; Death by LAM.

And my savegame was from starting at the rooftoops again, needing to re-do the entire assault on the Wherehouse. Great.
Meh, next time I'll let Gunther do the cleanining...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Thinking it would be fine to shoot the PHAT Rifle in the armory in PDX to test it after getting it in PDX play through. All of a sudden I get the "'PDX says no to firing guns inside the building policy, even when in the armory where there is a store of weapons you can use and nobody in there but yourself" *bang *bang* *bang* your dead. I stupidly saved at this point and couldn't go into PDX on day 1 without being shot at - no cheating so it was awkward until Day 2.

Another would be in Central district where you start, returning to find out who blew up Sol's bar and seeing two firewalls run away from the castle area and then they see me, and start firing and then 5 firewalls are chasing me and shoot me down. I didn't even do anything to warrant such brutal punishment.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Cheating a bunch of TNT crates below the bottom of the ATC building and flying to the top of the building (one you can crash into) and then doing a sort of Redsun 2020 Banzai Jump of it onto the crates and see if I hit them.
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Well I think this is a stupid death because I f'd up my save file in the process. I saved and didn't realise at the same moment I was in the area with the robots in the old PDX complex where ShadowCode says "you have to think outside the box" and at the moment I saved, I didn't realise a large crate was coming down on me (the area past the military bot at the exit to a corridor that leaves the area with the large crates, and now if I reload, it just happens again and I don't have time to get past it when I reload.

Don't suppose there is anything I can do other than restart the game from the beginning?

Edit: Managed to get a way around it. I paused as soon as I entered the save, then used the console to change slowmo to -99 and was able to move out of the way before being crushed and then reset the slomo. Have to be more careful with saving in future.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Just save in different slots every now and then - at least once per level, save in a new slot, like when you enter a new map or something.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I was at Osgoods heading towards the building with the power generator. I decided to go via the building accessed by that ramp and window you have to break first. I had activated the speed aug to cushion the fall when landing from the fire escape and forgot to deactivate it. When I ran across the ramp I jumped too high to get through the window and landed with a fair amount of damage right next to the guy in that little alley. I managed to kill him before he got me but in the meantime a Dobermann bit me once and killed me before I could use a medkit. :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

That is not TNM! You are banned!
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jonas wrote:That is not TNM! You are banned!
Vortex grenade, lava caverns (let me jump to my death again), and red biocels. Stupid but not amusing. Well I did laugh when I was blended to death by the vortex grenade. :P
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Blues22475
Thug

Post by Blues22475 »

In ABI I threw a vortex grenade in a hallway to finish some of the guards. When they died I had forgotten the fact that you can kill yourself with those things so I go and say "Oh hey let's see what they dropped!" run straight into the hallway and got sucked right in.

Recently was in Despot's apartment pulled the switch in that one room where those two doors close on either side (as soon as you pull the switch) and stood in the doorway waiting for some kind of attack and the door said "Hi!" and crushed me.
RedDynasty
Thug

Post by RedDynasty »

My most stupid death?
Vortex nade + Ryan = Trestkon screaming even when splaterred on the floor
Your not a gamer until you played this.

Cant....stop...listening...to.... RedSun......Menu music.
silensurvivor2012
Thug

Post by silensurvivor2012 »

When i set the Gamespy station to explode as i left the area, the explosions pushed me away while i tried to climb the ladders to reach the elevator. Then i was running out of oxygen so i tried to find some place to recover it. I opened a door and i encountered a big ass military bot who ended up killing me.
Novaci
Thug

Post by Novaci »

I accidentally saved while flying really high. I reloaded, fell and hit the ground. Again. And. Again. And. Again...
I'm Novaci/Daniel, teenager, lazy, professional Necromancer.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

This might not have happened to me on a vanilla Deus Ex run, maybe in UNATCO Return map. I remember, I was in WC on PDX playthrough on one of the early missions, I think I was looking for the servers to put the bug on them and I opened a door. Then having opened the said door, I got stuck in it as you can do in Deus Ex and as you have to shut the door to get free, I was going to close it and get free, but a WC guard was blocking the door and shot me before I could do anything.

And also, smashing a window and or looking down from a high height and falling to my death, which happened a few times in TNM. Did this a few times in Deus Ex in Maggie Chows apartment. I smashed a window beside where Maggie is, looked over to get a view of the ground from up there and then suddenly wondered why the ground was coming at me at a fast speed. :twisted:
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

In TNM, Phasmatis's Apartment.
I pressed the open door button on the lift, ran to the open door to his apartment, threw a LAM at his lounge room, and raced back to the open lift. As I reached the lift, the lift inner door had just closed, and the outer door was closing on me.
Instant squished Trestkon.