Always on fire

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
chrisssf
NSF

Always on fire

Post by chrisssf »

Hey guys, progressing with the game. In the level with the crazy guy (trying not to give much away here), with permanently burning cardboard boxes, you'd probably know the room. Anyways, everything is on fire and i manage to make it with my 2 medkits very quickly to the button which turns on the sprinklers, thing is, i stop taking damage but i still burn. The only way I could get past this room without burning was enabling ghost, then quickly hitting the button.

I've tried re-loading the game but to no avail, havent tried progressing further. it is a bit annoying haha
Kayl
Thug

Re: Always on fire

Post by Kayl »

http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... =31&t=1753

They're fixing this whole mission for the next patch.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I recommend using "ghost" to get past that. Use "walk" when you're safe again.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JC12
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by JC12 »

There's a Fire Extinguisher in a room before you get to the boxes.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

JC12 wrote:There's a Fire Extinguisher in a room before you get to the boxes.
Missed it....

But I tried using God mode to get through there and I was still on fire AFTER I was "put out" and using the fire extinguisher...
chrisssf
NSF

Post by chrisssf »

oh. cheers :P Does anyone have the problem on this map where ghosting causes a full computer lockup if you exit the walkable areas of the map? cause i accidentally went through the wall the first time, and it froze. to see if it wasnt a one off it did it a further 3 times...
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

yeah I've seen that before. Basically you use the cheats at your own risk. We've made a moderate effort towards preventing them causing problems but whenever you use a cheat there is a chance you'll encounter a bug.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

However, if you use "fly" instead of "ghost", you should be on the safe side as you can't pass through the walls with that cheat. Just use "opensesame" to open any doors you can't get past when flying. But then again, don't open any doors with opensesame unless you're stuck due to some bug, because you might open a door you're not meant to go through and fuck up the game logic.

The reason ghosting locks up the OSC map is because the game can't render so many polies at the same time.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine