Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
MrBlack
NSF

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by MrBlack »

Are you going to get this patch up on the downloads section of your website?
"It's all good!"
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Jonas: You mean I shouldn't have dropped my medkits every time one of them asked? :P Also, when I stabbed Ricemanu in the back(literally) Scara made it sound like him getting ambushed and me going to save him was a possible event.(I guess he made it out alright because I killed everyone.)]

Mr. Black: On Wednesday most likely.

EDIT: Only saw one Denouement thing in the list, so....

Hao is doomed no matter what? The first time I just thought I forgot, but this time I know I took out the camera/lasers for him. He also does say that he's going to make it out on his own.

Itake it WC doesn't bomb Sol's if you are on their side? I did a quick cheat, look, reload in Sol's on the 2nd day and Jackie told me that Alpha died because I knocked him out, and then he still appeared in the Denouement.... No mention of the bombing so I guess it doesn't take place and he lives.

Still no Kylie? You'd think she'd be throughly impressed with me taking over WC...
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

MrBlack wrote:Are you going to get this patch up on the downloads section of your website?

Yes
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

JC_Helios wrote:Hao is doomed no matter what? The first time I just thought I forgot, but this time I know I took out the camera/lasers for him. He also does say that he's going to make it out on his own.
Hmm... you're sure he didn't die after you'd saved him? Could you check your flags for me right before triggering the ending (or as close as you can get loading a savegame) and see if Hao_Dead or Hao_Saved are true?
I take it WC doesn't bomb Sol's if you are on their side? I did a quick cheat, look, reload in Sol's on the 2nd day and Jackie told me that Alpha died because I knocked him out, and then he still appeared in the Denouement.... No mention of the bombing so I guess it doesn't take place and he lives.
They don't, no. I believe the bulletin computer explains why the bar is closed when you return from DXI in the WC storyline.
Still no Kylie? You'd think she'd be throughly impressed with me taking over WC...
It depends how you treated her throughout the game. If you piss her off, she won't appear in your endgame. For this to happen, you need to either knock her out or be mean to her in two conversations before DXI. She should still be mentioned in your denouement if you didn't kill ZeroPresence.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Kylie: Zero did live, but as I brought up earlier her love/hate for Trestkon was very inconsistent and broken. Not sure if that would screw her showing up though?

Hao: I'll check, but I really doubt he died. I cleaned the place out... wait, even if he died the Denouement would make no sense. It said he waited for me to return and save him, then made a vain attempt to escape and got killed.

WC(Trestkon) ending: In the WC ending see ZP clearly, but in Trestkon's ending you only see like a corner of his head near the end, maybe move him over by TG or to the right of Trest?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

JC_Helios wrote:Kylie: Zero did live, but as I brought up earlier her love/hate for Trestkon was very inconsistent and broken. Not sure if that would screw her showing up though?
You mentioned that earlier? I must've missed that.
Hao: I'll check, but I really doubt he died. I cleaned the place out... wait, even if he died the Denouement would make no sense. It said he waited for me to return and save him, then made a vain attempt to escape and got killed.
Ooooh wait, I see the problem. Looks like the flag isn't getting set properly if you disable the security systems before talking to him. Will be fixed in 1.0.2. Thanks!
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

The Kylie thing was Part of my incessant ramblings.Curious, now that she can't be KO'd how could we piss her off? By being pacifistic in dialogue I guess.

And Scara, the main problem with KOing him is if you're World Corp right? So I take it it wouldn't be possible to have two Scaras or anything? One for Pre-PDX, and World Corp and another Knock out-able Scara for after you join PDX? With WC you can still intimidate Jonas, and then knock him out for an up cann and an aug cann. Too keep things somewhat even shouldn't there still be some way in which to access Scara's fire place?

Ahh yeah, I was just about to report them not being present. I noticed that the new ogg.dll in the 1.01 patch now causes me to crash automatically at the credits.(couldn't even get to denouement.) The old one worked fine with little to no ogg crashes, I'll see if it happens a lot in a new game.
Draconis
Thug

Post by Draconis »

Good job guys. :] Thanks a lot for the patch

Where do I report bugs btw?
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Draconis wrote:Where do I report bugs btw?
Right here :-)
kahdeksan
Mole Person

Post by kahdeksan »

The DJ in Partyzone who asks you to bring 3 red biocells from the basement takes away all your red biocells, including the one I found earlier in Jonas' lab
irenicus
Thug

Post by irenicus »

Thanks a lot for the patch, i'll try it out as soon as my first playtrough is accomplished...
I've some small things for the next patch (there are at least not appearing in the changelog):

There are two minor conversation mistakes in the vodoo shop: nineball once changes the syntax of the scentence in the subtitles, and another time he says: "my dear friend" instead of just "dear friend"..(i couldn't make screenshots during the conversation?!)
I don't want to be petty-minded ( :oops: ) i know these are all nullities, but i guess that jonas is a perfectionist so i've reported them... ;)
Attachments
If you swim trough that hole[spoiler]in the secret basement[/spoiler] you see that?! wtf is that?!
If you swim trough that hole[spoiler]in the secret basement[/spoiler] you see that?! wtf is that?!
If you want to get to the supply case(or whatever) [spoiler]in the secret basement[/spoiler] you can't get back to climb the ladder, there is no way to get trough!
If you want to get to the supply case(or whatever) [spoiler]in the secret basement[/spoiler] you can't get back to climb the ladder, there is no way to get trough!
You can get stuck in the old hospital(slums) on the upper floor! (between the table and the wall)
You can get stuck in the old hospital(slums) on the upper floor! (between the table and the wall)
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

irenicus wrote:Thanks a lot for the patch, i'll try it out as soon as my first playtrough is accomplished...
I've some small things for the next patch (there are at least not appearing in the changelog):

There are two minor conversation mistakes in the vodoo shop: nineball once changes the syntax of the scentence in the subtitles, and another time he says: "my dear friend" instead of just "dear friend"..(i couldn't make screenshots during the conversation?!)
I don't want to be petty-minded ( :oops: ) i know these are all nullities, but i guess that jonas is a perfectionist so i've reported them... ;)
Don't worry about it! We apprecaite all bug reports, no matter how small :)
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

irenicus: sshot 1 is a hatch (though suffers from texture overlaying what with a waterzone portal touching the brushes above), and ironically: that hatch is also the way out from sshot 2.

Oh, and bring a hazmat suit. *shakes fist at OTP team*
Torgue
Mole Person

Post by Torgue »

Don't know if this has been reported, but TNM freezes when I get Kylie's PM after I get into the chapel under ABI via the vent shaft.
nexus
Thug

Post by nexus »