Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Either make the doors in the space station return on encroach or give them a trigger check that prevents them from closing if I'm blocking them. Jesus christ it's frustrating to go 20 minutes through the vents with the mini-aliens, open a door to an area where I can stand up again, think to myself "Just gonna EMP this spiderbot and step out and quicksave"... and get killed by the motherfucking son of a bitch goddamn door.
PRËTËNTIÖüS
Mole Person

Post by PRËTËNTIÖüS »

At the very beginning of the game, NVSHacker's free subway pass mission PM won't seem to fire for me after I leave the apartment complex, even though it worked just fine for me before I updated to 1.01
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

I compulsively quicksave all the time, so I didn't find the gibbing doors to be much of a nuisance. Actually, given the choice between having those doors no longer gib, and having the PDX doors *also* gib... I'd go with the second choice. That'll teach those blasted guards to try to break the doors by blocking them! :twisted:

I'm sure I'd change my mind after the novelty wore off, though.
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

• In the new server complex, there are two weapon storages. The one in the south (with a sniper rifle and ammo) does not open even if you input the right code (1900). Edit: Also discovered you can pick up the sniper through the bottom crack of the storage if you crouch.
  • Having sided with the Goats, I got the mission to destroy the Llama tablets. After getting the mission, I exited the temple to Goat City. The mission completed itself and I kept getting an infinite flood of "Goal Updated" messages. I went back in the temple and the "Goal Updated" messages stopped. I then talked to Dark Templar, but he wouldn't acknowledge the mission was over. I went back outside and "Goal Updated" messages started again. Redid everything from a Server Complex save and got the same thing. Edit: Figured it out. Explained later
PRËTËNTIÖüS wrote:At the very beginning of the game, NVSHacker's free subway pass mission PM won't seem to fire for me after I leave the apartment complex, even though it worked just fine for me before I updated to 1.01
I think you need to steal the painting from the basement storage for it to trigger on your way out.
Last edited by odawali on Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Xenesis
Mole Person

Post by Xenesis »

Hi guys, I'm not sure if it has been documented already (I'm feeling too lazy to read 12 pages) but I found a clipping error in the slums district.

Screenshots:
Inside
Outside

Just a note it seems you can't actually walk out of the level, it's just really odd looking.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

odawali wrote:
  • PRËTËNTIÖüS wrote:At the very beginning of the game, NVSHacker's free subway pass mission PM won't seem to fire for me after I leave the apartment complex, even though it worked just fine for me before I updated to 1.01
    I think you need to steal the painting from the basement storage for it to trigger on your way out.
In my experience it only triggers after getting about 1500 credits. Sort of like the games way of saying : "Fine! you megalomaniac cheapskate! is this better?!"( and, no it has nothing to do with the painting as far as I know. I did the painting quest after already completing the hack quest.)

Oh and the grating on Nosferatu's ceiling light right in front of him is glitched.
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

You're right of course, but the question was about getting the mission to trigger outside the apartment. If you do the other quests first, you get the PM when you're someplace else.
Xenesis
Mole Person

Post by Xenesis »

Okay, I'm having a lot of crashing in WorldCorp HQ, Second Floor (Biotech). It seems to crash every time the cameras start beeping at me after I've killed all the guards.
Yannos
Mole Person

Post by Yannos »

Yannos wrote:I was doing the Llama assassination mission before I patched. After patching I went on with the game and assassinated the goat leader and returned to the llame temple. But every time I enter the temple the game will just reload the district map (as if I just stepped out of the temple, facing Abomination). Is there a console code so I can teleport inside perhaps?
Small update;
I was fiddling around a bit and tried the "legend" cheat and then loading the llame temple map and it sent me to the to the subway in front of Phasmatis' apartment. Anything I can do? I really want to turn in my previous quest before I continue with the game :(
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

This means something has gone bad: it wants to load the new map (from the .dxs it has in the save game), but because of the patching, something in the next map is no longer compatible with the state it saved it in. So it takes the map you're in, renames it to the map you want to go to, and sends you there: effectively you're in the same map but the game treats it as a successful teleport.

You might be able to take the llama temple map from your maps folder, copy it, and paste it into your savegame as a .dxs file (though even if this works, it'll reset everything in that map...might actually be a bonus, I guess).
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

@ Odawali: Even then that's most likely not due to getting the painting but rather the 100 credit chit floating around there. (Maybe we should have a gameplay help topic in Spoilers so that stuff like this doesn't clog up the bug topics :lol: )

The SD exploit I mentioned earlier does happen somewhat, but WC remains your enemy despite the PM saying otherwise.(and judging by the flags I checked after dying in King's office, PDX remains allied to you.)

Saving then killing SD didn't reset the WC balcony reception guard though, he remained hostile. Also after setting off the alarm due to black ice and later letting him see me.( he got 3 other guards to go hostile to me who I killed in the stairwell.)
I noticed an allied guard by the coffee machine(the prop) in the break room who had the same lines as the (dead as of about 30 mins ago) guards that warned me about the trapped "terrorist". My guess is that he is some sort of summoned guard that pops up when you fail at hacking? Who just happens to be allied and have the wrong lines if you're with WC.
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Yannos wrote:
Yannos wrote:I was doing the Llama assassination mission before I patched. After patching I went on with the game and assassinated the goat leader and returned to the llame temple. But every time I enter the temple the game will just reload the district map (as if I just stepped out of the temple, facing Abomination). Is there a console code so I can teleport inside perhaps?
Small update;
I was fiddling around a bit and tried the "legend" cheat and then loading the llame temple map and it sent me to the to the subway in front of Phasmatis' apartment. Anything I can do? I really want to turn in my previous quest before I continue with the game :(
I'd recommend downgrading to 1.0.0 and going back to an old save file. You'll probably encounter a ton of more critical glitches (like the one you just reported) from the version conflict than you would by playing 1.0.0.
irenicus
Thug

Post by irenicus »

As i reached that silo (screen below), shot the explosive barrels in the yard, suddenly the game loaded and i found myself on the elevator heading down to DXI!
I couldn't repoduce it yet, i guess it has to be some trigger issue.
Attachments
screen_beforeDXI.jpg
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

odawali wrote:
  • Having sided with the Goats, I got the mission to destroy the Llama tablets. After getting the mission, I exited the temple to Goat City. The mission completed itself and I kept getting an infinite flood of "Goal Updated" messages. I went back in the temple and the "Goal Updated" messages stopped. I then talked to Dark Templar, but he wouldn't acknowledge the mission was over. I went back outside and "Goal Updated" messages started again. Redid everything from a Server Complex save and got the same thing.
I probably know what caused this now: I KOed DT in the Voodoo Shop after he gave me the directions to Goat City (to loot the DTS and Plasma Rifle). His "other self" was alive and well to greet me in Goat City, so I thought I'd gotten away with a perfect crime. Apparently it must have messed up flags that caused the Llama Tablet mission to terminate. Its status on the Goals screen says something like "Considering the state of Dark Templar, you should write this mission off." so it appears the game thinks DT's dead or KOed on one hand, but at the same time has to acknowledge he still exists in the Goat Templae.

Edit: I set the flag DarkTemplar_Unconscious to FALSE before getting the mission, and the glitch didn't occur.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Game crash, attached error message received
Attachments
error message
error message
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum