Terrible bug - a lot of progress lost

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Igor Poulpupov
Mole Person

Re: Terrible bug - a lot of progress lost

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

odawali wrote:I went back to an old save made right before heading to the ruins, closed the threads and made a new save. That time it worked. Whatever the problem is, it seems conditional or random. But if the bug kicks in, it corrupts all subsequent saves till you head back up.
Same here. It worked for me this time and I can't find what was different from the first time.
Strange bug, but it seems that's a 'true' bug, not just a corrupted SG.

Oh, and I have found the admin password ;)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

MrBlack wrote:I've got my quicksave if that would help at all?
Yes. Yes it would. Please zip it up and upload it somewhere or perhaps see if you can attach it to this thread.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
chrisssf
NSF

Post by chrisssf »

Azeltir wrote:I was playing this evening, over-relying on quicksave as unfortunately is my norm. When I loaded my quicksave near the threads at DXI (right after the collapse), suddenly I was back in the earlier caverns, with a different set of inventory, no augs, and the NPC down there acting as if he'd never seen me. Thinking perhaps all that saving and loading I had done before was a trick of my imagination (hah!) I journeyed back to the DXI headquarters - but that map was just the way I left it - bots disabled, the staff gone, and ZP unconscious. I really don't feel like digging for summon codes, so I'm just backing up to the save I had a little bit before jumping down there. Still, what the hell happened?

Ben
This exact SAME bug happened to me. Except I was aligned with WC, I had gone all the way through and got the firestaff etc. Died, loaded and had nothing! Started over again as a result... No idea what caused it either.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Neither do we, and also none of us can replicate it, so if somebody could please get us a broken savegame, that would really really help.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Just to be sure you did download mine right? The one in my old topic about the excavation elevator?
hazwang
Mole Person

Post by hazwang »

same bug occured in my game causing a lot of lost progress...... please fix for next patch :(
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

NO! WE'RE TOTALLY NOT GONNA FIX THIS! WE'RE DESTROYING YOUR SAVEGAMES ON PURPOSE! You will sit down, shut up, and SUCK IT DOWN, BITCH.

Ahem :roll:

Yes, of course we're trying to fix it for the next patch, what exactly do you expect? We're pretty sure we've figured out what's causing it, now we just have to find a solution. I'll let you know when we fix it.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine