my TNM doesnt work after moved to different partition

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
xtruh
Mole Person

my TNM doesnt work after moved to different partition

Post by xtruh »

long story short: my HDD was acting weird, so i send it for replacement, first i backup everything and copied whole DeusEx folder to another HDD. Most of games which uses "fixed exe" work that way, i don´t use "fixed exe" for DX, but instead i use "cdpath=___" in .ini file, so it works similiar. But of course, TNM doesn´t run, when i click TNM.ink (which doesn´t show proper icon, so i assume is pointing in wrong direction) i get Critical Error. General protection fault.
When i click TNM.exe up in DX\system dir, game starts, but it´s Deus itself, i have no savegames available, and graphic settings doesnt work (still 640x480 no matter what i set there)
Question is, apart from reinstalling everything, is there a way to fix those issues? Maybe it´s only missing registry entry...
BTW, former system game was installed to was Win7, now i´m running WinXP...

ps. taking this opportunity to praise the authors. TNM completely reanimated the whole thing, i´m enjoying it as much as i enjoyed original game. Need to say, after i completed DX back then in 2001 or so, i had no gaming experience like this so i slowly stopped playing games completely. This get me back to enjoying gaming. No THANKS can be big enough.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: my TNM doesnt work after moved to different partition

Post by Jonas »

Just change the target of your shortcut. Right click, properties, destination (or something like that). Find all instances of the old path in the destination string and change them to the new path. Click okay, and enjoy.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
xtruh
Mole Person

Post by xtruh »

did this, bun new critical error appeared... so i did complete reinstall.
It was mistake. Now my TNM/save dir is empty... so i lost all my saves, damn.
Please tell me there is some way to cheat myself to the point i was at...
i was playing Aunt Betty Industries, on PDX side.
Please, please, tell me i can load this level somehow... don´t want to play from start again :cry:
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

the 'legend' cheat will help you travel to the level, and you can use 'iamtrestkon' to spawn whatever items you want... but that would only go so far, and I can't guarantee it will work. Still, it is worth a try.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I thought it was phasrox that brought up the spawn menu.
I never heard of iamtrestkon
I'll have to try that one
And the Jonas one
What was that again?
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Yeah, it might be 'phasrox', in fact now that you mention it, you are right. Been a while since I played TNM.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

xtruh wrote:i was playing Aunt Betty Industries, on PDX side.
Please, please, tell me i can load this level somehow... don´t want to play from start again :cry:
Well you can get there by typing "open 23_abiexterior" from the menu, but you won't have any of your flags set. The game pretty much assumes you're with PDX if it can't find any alliance flags, but your denouement cutscene will be completely wrong, as it won't reflect any of the little choices you've made. You'll also be missing all your items, augs, and skillpoints, but there are cheats for that.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
xtruh
Mole Person

Post by xtruh »

well, this is gonna be tough one.
I did complete uninstall TNM and DX, restart, installed DX + TNM again, it says installed successfully, enjoy ! but now i got completely new critical error:

---------------------------
Critical Error
Can't bind to native class TNMNative.tnmNativeHookObject

History: UClass::Bind <- (Class TNMNative.tnmNativeHookObject) <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (tnmNativeHookObject 19959) <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (tnmSoundModifier 19959) <- ULinkerLoad::CreateImport <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- (LinkerLoad Transient.LinkerLoad23 7538287)) <- SerializeExpr <- (20) <- SerializeExpr <- (12) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Function TNM.trestkon.slomoandpitch) <- UFunction::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Function TNM.trestkon.slomoandpitch 7538287==7538287/17649234 7538262 135) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- LinkProperties <- UStruct::Link <- UState::Link <- UClass::Link <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Class TNM.trestkon) <- UState::Serialize <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class TNM.trestkon) <- LoadObject <- (Class TNM.trestkon 7538287==7538287/17649234 113048 9857) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class TNM.tion TNM.trestkon.ResetPlayer NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitGameInfo <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- UGameEngine::Init <- XGameEngineExt::Init <- DDeusExGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
OK

... so i searched the registry, cleaned everything i can find there reinstalled again... no avail. Same error.
BTW, DX itself runs just fine, i had to run it before installing TNM.
I can´t surrender.
Any comments ?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

This is an error you get if you lack some Microsoft stuff required to run TNM. Please install patch 1.0.4, everything you need is included in that patch.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
xtruh
Mole Person

Post by xtruh »

Thanks Jonas, but no success, still the same error.
Something´s really messed up here.
For saving my sanity, and your time, i´m giving it a break. Not fan of endless problem solving. It´s killing the fun itself.
Guess i´ll wait for my HDD replacement and install win7, just the way everything was working ok before.
But i´ll be not give it up then. And i´ll beat the game, i promise. Maybe i´ll drop a notice here then.

BTW, i watched Narcissus ending up on youtube... brilliant. Many levels above any commercial game ending i´ve seen. Applause.