Critical Error after trying to go to the Corporate District

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
EtherBoo
Mole Person

Critical Error after trying to go to the Corporate District

Post by EtherBoo »

Hello,
I downloaded this mod about a week ago, after finding it while looking for ways to graphically improve DX after purchasing it on steam for $2.50 (what a deal!).

Anyway, so I got TNM, and I have been playing with a few random crashes, but now I have a crash that happens every time I play.

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW***
When trying to go to the Corporate District from anywhere (I can get Downtown and to the Slums with no issue via subway or voodoo portal), the game crashes. I just completed the mission from WC to hack the DXO server and get their newspaper. After talking with Kylie, I'm trying to get to the corporate district, and the game crashes every time with the same error.

The error is shown in the screen shot below. I am running Windows 7 64-Bit if it makes any difference. I tried different compatibility modes with no luck.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

PS
I tried to find the TMN.log file, but I can't seem to find it. It's not anywhere in the TMN directory, so where would I find it?

Thank you.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Critical Error after trying to go to the Corporate Distr

Post by bobby 55 »

Hi, welcome to the forums.
Are you playing with the 1.04 patch?
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
EtherBoo
Mole Person

Post by EtherBoo »

Yes I am.

I am using the steam version with the latest install that has 1.04 integrated into it.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Erk, I hope you haven't got a corrupted file then. Maybe one of the more clever people here might have a solution, as a possible corrupted file is all I can think of.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
EtherBoo
Mole Person

Post by EtherBoo »

I guess I can try a reinstall.

Can I just backup the save folder for all my saves? (Really don't want to start over).

EDIT:
No luck with the reinstall >.<
EtherBoo
Mole Person

Post by EtherBoo »

Not sure if this makes a difference. By Loading an older save file or new game, I can go to the Corporate District. Just not from the save game. I'm going to try to get back to the point I was at and see if it solves the issue.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Alternatively, try removing the 20_FCCorperate.dx map from your savegame.
Does it load now?
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
EtherBoo
Mole Person

Post by EtherBoo »

WOW! That worked!

It was a .dxs file (not sure how different that is from a .dx file) but it worked!

I'm going to assume that was a cache file for the save? I didn't lose anything by doing that, did I?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The dxs files are basically full copies of each map, including whatever changes you've inflicted upon them. If you've hoovered the map for items and killed all the enemies and then you delete the corresponding dxs file, upon your return to the level, the items and enemies will be back, and the entire map will be as though you've never visited it. Often, it doesn't present a problem. Just, whatever you do, never delete the dxs file for whichever map you were in when you made the save :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
EtherBoo
Mole Person

Post by EtherBoo »

Well... I moved the file, and it seemed as if everything was as I left it; but I don't recall creating any destruction in the city.

Thank you again for your help!