Error on launch

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
DetroitMatt
Thug

Error on launch

Post by DetroitMatt »

Code: Select all

Critical Error
Failed to enter DX.dx: Can't find file for package Supertanker

History: UGameEngine::Init <- XGameEngineExt::Init <- DDeusExGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
On a completely fresh install of TNM. Other mods installed are HDTP and Shifter (Shifter not applied to TNM). Downloaded from http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-nameless- ... ss-mod-exe , did not download the patch because this had 1.04 in the name, figured it was already patched.

Specs are: 3.0x4 AMD, ATI 4860, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 64-Bit
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Error on launch

Post by Jaedar »

Make sure you're running in admin mode. Also maybe try compatibility mode?
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
DetroitMatt
Thug

Post by DetroitMatt »

Jaedar wrote:Make sure you're running in admin mode. Also maybe try compatibility mode?
Neither one (Nor both) fixed it.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You seem to be missing a texture package. Any idea why that might be? You may be able to restore it if you reinstall Deus Ex.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
DetroitMatt
Thug

Post by DetroitMatt »

No idea at all. Only thing I can think of would be related to HDTP, that's the only thing I've done related to textures. As for supertanker, I'm actually AT that point in my current Shifter playthrough, so I don't think it's that I don't have the textures, it's that TNM can't find them. I could try installing New Vision though, that might do it, if they have the supertanker textures installed
DetroitMatt
Thug

Post by DetroitMatt »

Well, dropping the New Vision utx files in TNM\Textures did it. Thanks for the pointer, Jonas.