Can't get TNM to work with Windows 7

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Can't get TNM to work with Windows 7

Post by bobby 55 »

johnshrapnel wrote:
Scorpion8754 wrote:Oh, and one last thing. Deus Ex runs fine on Windows 7, it's just TNM that won't run.
Hmmm . . . not for me. It seems to install fine. Then after selecting the audio/video stuff, it sez Deus Ex will run for the first time. Then it tells me to insert the disc (which of course is still in there).

Any ideas why this might happen? Driver issue maybe?
I think you may have to turn off the DEP for Deus Ex. Alternately see if it happens with other games then it could very well be a CD/DVD drive issue.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
JackShandy
Mole Person

Post by JackShandy »

Ok, I have exactly the same problem that Scorpion had. I haven't put anywhere near enough skill points into my Computers stat, so you'll have to forgive me. I've tried Reinstalling, cycling through every compatibility mode I can find, and I'm fairly sure my drivers are fine?

Deus Ex works like a charm, but TNM gives me the black and white box glitch. I'm using the Game Of the year version of DX, on windows 7. Any ideas?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

JackShandy wrote:Ok, I have exactly the same problem that Scorpion had. I haven't put anywhere near enough skill points into my Computers stat, so you'll have to forgive me. I've tried Reinstalling, cycling through every compatibility mode I can find, and I'm fairly sure my drivers are fine?

Deus Ex works like a charm, but TNM gives me the black and white box glitch. I'm using the Game Of the year version of DX, on windows 7. Any ideas?
AFIK that's a render glitch. Try changing renderers. Both DirectX 9 and the enhanced open GL renderers work on my Windows 7.

This may help. Just remember to save your original DeusEx.exe somewhere just in case.
http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional