Starts in and switches to window mode when loading game.

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
DarkPhoenix
NSF

Starts in and switches to window mode when loading game.

Post by DarkPhoenix »

I just played Deus Ex without this problem. I have installed TNM ( latest version 1.04 from here) on my new Windows 7 64 bit rig for the first time. My last and 1st playthrough was on XP. I did just change to a new video card.. an ATI HD 5750 1 GIG DDR 5 pixel shader 5.0 and Direct X 11 support.. (I feel like that guy from Home Improvement TV show)

I installed New Vision and HDTP as well as a couple of other renderers. I am using the open GL driver, OpenGLDrv.dll that came with new vision.. I notice this is smaller than the default it overwrites.

I can use alt tab to go back to the desktop and open the game again. The game will now run in Full Screen..(I have full screen checked in settings) But when the game gets to a point where it must load the next screen/chapter and you see "Loading" on the screen, it gets forced back to window mode.

I have not had any problems like this on any other game.

Any ideas?

Edit: Oh hey I probably should have posted this in help and support.. sorry
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Starts in and switches to window mode when loading game.

Post by bobby 55 »

Strange, I have Windows 7 64 bit and don't have that occur. I have a NVidia card though, maybe this will help.

http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
DarkPhoenix
NSF

Post by DarkPhoenix »

I have read through that page and I cannot really find anything in there that would fix this problem.. What is really odd though.. it does not happen when loading the world corp elevator from the 1st floor to the 4th floor.

I am trying the OPT UI fix to see if that helps though.

EDIT :

Bummer.. I thought it solved the problem.. it seemed to when I first installed the fix.. but I had bad sound problems.. this was only after I applied that fix.. So I shut down the game and restarted.. and the problem is back.

Till I can get it fixed, I just have to keep task switching to make it run full screen.
DarkPhoenix
NSF

Post by DarkPhoenix »

AH ! I found the problem.. I was a default setting an ATI's Catalyst Control software that needed changing.

Thanks for the help folks.. now we all know.
hinamersher
Mole Person

Post by hinamersher »

I’ve found that problem in my newly downloaded online game which is free. As a result I don’t play it yet until now because of that issue. But I will try to set things in My ATI catalyst control and try to play it later.