TNM won´t run

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Smaxx
Thug

TNM won´t run

Post by Smaxx »

Hi all.

At first you should know i´m german so excuse me if i write this topic in really bad english because it´s not my best language :-P.

I´ve got the same problem like in this topic viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1699
but i don´t know wether i have got the d2d version of deus ex bacause i downloaded the goty edition from this site http://www.game-vision.de/.

So please help me i really want to play this mod but it doesn´t work and i reinstalled deus ex and tnm so often.

Ps: Like i said i´ve got the goty edition of DX and the Win32 executable version of TNM wich is already patched at 1.0.4.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: TNM won´t run

Post by bobby 55 »

Hiya, welcome to the forums.
At a guess I'd say you have the same problem with the digital distribution of Deus Ex. Since you paid for a copy I'd suggest downloading the demo and using it's exe folder in the place of your current one. :smile:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Smaxx
Thug

Post by Smaxx »

Thank you very much but i´m not really good in programmer stuff so one question.

Is the exe-folder the systemfolder?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yeah the DeusEx.exe is the one. Save the one you have somewhere, delete the one you have now from your system folder and copy the one from the demo to your Deus EX system folder. Then install TNM again and remember to run Deus Ex for a little bit before running TNM. :P

Ooops I don't think you have to install TNM all over again as long as you run DX before running TNM.....silly me. :P
Smaxx
Thug

Post by Smaxx »

hmmm....

Maybe i´m to stupid too find it but i can´t find a DeusEx.exe data in my system folder. Could it be that you mean DeusEx.dll?
But i think an exe folder is what you are using to run the game but will this exe working with the goty edition?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

That probably explains why TNM won't run. Did you download the Deus EX demo? If so I would be very surprised if it doesn't have a DeusEx.exe file in it's system folder. Copy that over and see if Deus EX runs, then run TNM. The file size of the exe is about 248 kilobytes. Frankly I don't know how Deus EX could run without a DeusEx.exe file.
Smaxx
Thug

Post by Smaxx »

hm i finally found the exe but maybe the problem is that i must change my country on the computer to start the demo bcause of blood or something.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

That's right, sorry, I overlooked the fact that you're in a different region. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix or bypass that problem, but there are some clever people here who may. In the meantime I'll see what I can come up with in the way of a search.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I think there is a german version of the demo if i'm not mistaken
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Smaxx
Thug

Post by Smaxx »

Now i copy the exe file from the demo into the system folder of DX and changed my region into english USA but now i get the sam stupid message with DX and TNM and no there is no german version of the demo they didn´t release a german demo.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

http://www.planetdeusex.com/dx1/files/demos/

German Demo Patch.
Dunno if that'll come in handy or what.
I don't even know if you need it
But I knew i'd seen something along the lines of a German Demo Release.
I was sorta half right xD
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.