Problem since latest patch

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
sleepy47
Thug

Problem since latest patch

Post by sleepy47 »

I finished the game quite a while ago and decided to give it another go. Fantastic game BTW! REALLY fantastic!!

I patched up to 1.4 and now it's running very slow. Mouse lagg etc etc.

Problem is my regular GPU died recently and I'm now using an onboard chip, which is a nvidia 6150SE nforce 430, whatever that is harhar.

Anyway, prior to installing the latest patch I went to my last savegame with the original install, and the game ran fine at 1024X768 with everything on high, so I know the card is capable of it.

Now I can't get it to run decent at even 800X600 for some reason.

I've tried every option as far as the renderer goes and nothing seems to help.

Anything I can try? Maybe installing an earlier version or something?

Appreciate any suggestions.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Problem since latest patch

Post by bobby 55 »

So have you played a new game since patching or have you been playing from the pre patched save? Patches corrupt saves, but if it's running slow in a new game it may be hardware related.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
sleepy47
Thug

Post by sleepy47 »

bobby 55 wrote:So have you played a new game since patching or have you been playing from the pre patched save? Patches corrupt saves, but if it's running slow in a new game it may be hardware related.
Yes I have started a new game. The game is laggy whether I start from a new game or reload an old save game since applying the 1.04 patch. I also thought it was odd that the patch was like 900+ megs.

Thanks for the reply.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Uhm, I think you downloaded TNM. The patch itself is only 107 megs. If that's the case then files would have been over written, however I don't know if that would cause the lag.
sleepy47
Thug

Post by sleepy47 »

Yes I obviously downloaded the full game over again, and not sure how it happened. I hit the 1.04 patch and left the room. Didn't notice how large the file was until I opened it, but figured it wouldn't hurt re-installing the game over again.

I have bumped up the rez to 1024X768 and everything's still a bit slow and laggy but I can live with it. Could be the new mouse I've got.

Thanks for your help.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

No problem, I hope you can get it to run smoothly.