Unable to run TNM (TNMNative tnmNativeHookObject)

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
allday
Mole Person

Unable to run TNM (TNMNative tnmNativeHookObject)

Post by allday »

I get the TNMNative tnmNativeHookObject error message.

I did launch Deus Ex once before installing TNM.

I installed TNM 1.0.4.

I downloaded the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable. In the TNM manual it is written :

Note that the installer for this package is prone to fail without tel-ling you, so if it doesn’t work, try re-installing it until it does.

But what if it never works ? I launch the .exe and it asks me to uninstall or repair the software. Either choice will eventually bring me to ''The feature you are trying to use is on an etwork resource that is unavailable''.

''Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'vc_red.msi' in the box below''

Clicking OK doesn't help.

What should I do ?
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Re: Unable to run TNM (TNMNative tnmNativeHookObject)

Post by justanotherfan »

Ooh, ouch.

Maybe try uninstalling again, and running the Microsoft Installer Cleanup program ( msicuu2.exe ) to delete the broken reference. MS bundled it with Office at some point, but it helps to delete non-functioning broken installer references. After clearing it up with that, try reinstalling it.

That should fix it. I believe something is broken that a reformat could fix. If you're using Vista/Win7, someone else might understand better than I do. Otherwise it looks like you're doing it by the book.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Unable to run TNM (TNMNative tnmNativeHookObject)

Post by bobby 55 »

Heh, I tried installing TNM just a minute or two ago on windows 7. After a couple of failed attempts I right clicked on the launcher and ran it as administrator and that worked. All this is useless if you don't have it (W 7) as your OS.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional