Unable to get 1920 X 1080 resolution

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
itsonlydanny
Thug

Unable to get 1920 X 1080 resolution

Post by itsonlydanny »

Hi,

This morning, after installing the latest version of the New Vision mod (never tried it before), I then installed the new Deus Ex Nihilum mod - with no problem. Naturally though, this reminded me of TNM - which I hadn't played in ages. However, when I went to play it, there was terrible graphics tearing, glitches, artifacts, etc. So I reinstalled TNM, but still the same - until I changed the game rendering device in the TNM.ini to 'OpenGL' (there actually hadn't been an entry of any sort before), then it worked OK. But I now I cannot get a 1920 x 1080 resolution (as I have a 24" Acer monitor): it is perhaps worth noting that just like with 'GameRenderingDevice' there had not been any entry for resolution (ie, 'FullscreenViewportX=', etc) until I added it. I have no problem with getting a 1920 x 1080 resolution with the main Deus Ex game, or Nihilum or 2077 mod - only the TNM.

Yes, I've manually edited the TNM.ini file but no luck, the highest resolution I can get is 1600 x 1024 , which - naturally - looks fairly crap. I'be also edited the 'GameRenderingDevice' entry to Dx10 (ie, 'GameRenderDevice=D3D10Drv.D3D10RenderDevice') but no luck there either. Any idea what I should do next?

For your information, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with a Nvidia GTX 460 1GB video card.

Thanks,

DANNY
XP Home+Vista Ultimate (32-bit) \ Intel E6750 @ 3.47 \ Abit IP-35 Pro \ 2gb Corsair XMS (800mhz) \ XFX 8800GTS 320mb \ Corsair CMPSUHX 620w PSU
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Unable to get 1920 X 1080 resolution

Post by bobby 55 »

I'm afraid the best you can do is 1600X1200 with TNM. It's something I've never been able to find a solution for if there is one at all. I think one of the devs mentioned something about it but I can't find that conversation by using the Search function. Hopefully one will drop by and give a more detailed answer.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You have to open the ini file and find the fullscreen viewport lines. Set them to 1920 and 1080, respectively. No big deal :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
itsonlydanny
Thug

Post by itsonlydanny »

As I said above, that made no difference.
XP Home+Vista Ultimate (32-bit) \ Intel E6750 @ 3.47 \ Abit IP-35 Pro \ 2gb Corsair XMS (800mhz) \ XFX 8800GTS 320mb \ Corsair CMPSUHX 620w PSU
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Are you certain that you tweaked it in the right place? You may have more than one .ini and those lines may appear in more than one place.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine