TNM v1.04 - Error upon launch

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
bassmanret
Mole Person

TNM v1.04 - Error upon launch

Post by bassmanret »

Hi,

I've heard great things about TNM, but have so far been unable to get it to launch successfully.

When I try to launch TNM, the screen goes black for a few seconds, then I receive a “TNM.exe has stopped working” error with the option to close the program or search online for a solution.

This sounds like a resolution problem, so I changed the TNM.ini file resolution settings to many different ones and the only thing that has worked so far is 640 x 480, but when using that, the window is too small to see or use all of the menu options.

I have also tried changing various compatibility settings on the shortcut, but that has not worked, and I’ve also tried starting in “Safe Mode”, but no combinations have helped there either.

Any help or other suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Re: TNM v1.04 - Error upon launch

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Do you have DEP enabled? If so, add TNM to the exception list.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... SignedIn=1
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
bassmanret
Mole Person

Post by bassmanret »

Thank you, bjorn! I'm embarrassed that I hadn't thought of DEP, but adding TNM.exe to the exception list allowed the game to launch.

But, now I'm faced with another problem. At the main menu, I have serious framerate problems; jerky background image, and extremely slow mouse control.

As the troubleshooting suggests, I've changed the TNM.ini renderer to "OpenGLDrv. OpenGLRenderDevice", with the same result. And, when I try the renderer "D3DDrv.D3DrenderDevice", I get an error message that starts with "D3D Driver: Encountered oversize texture without sufficient mipmaps [then, a bunch of other stuff]".

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what the problem might be, or suggestions on other things to try?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

bassmanret wrote: But, now I'm faced with another problem. At the main menu, I have serious framerate problems; jerky background image, and extremely slow mouse control.
Probably needs some tweaking, but you might want to verify if you're getting the regular DX renderer or the enhanced one. If it's the enhanced one, you can try the settings over here. Barring that, you can try either the DX9 or DX10 renderers, which are readily findable on the net (or in the HDTP install if you got that - if you ran the setup program you already have those).
bassmanret wrote: And, when I try the renderer "D3DDrv.D3DrenderDevice", I get an error message that starts with "D3D Driver: Encountered oversize texture without sufficient mipmaps [then, a bunch of other stuff]".
This is the stock renderer, which is DirectX 7 compatible. You really don't want to go with that one, ever, especially if you're running the higher-end graphic packs. I tweaked it and got it to run, but it's still pretty bad with modern hardware.
bassmanret wrote: Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what the problem might be, or suggestions on other things to try?
Barring those suggested settings, try the DX9 or DX10 renderers out.
bassmanret
Mole Person

Post by bassmanret »

Thanks ggrotz!

I copied the linked DX9 and DX10 settings into my ini file (they were not there after installation), and then used the DX10 renderer, and I no longer have the slow/jerky problem.

I've noticed the unusual font size while at 1920x1080, so I'll probably go ahead and look into topics I've seen here for tweaking that, but otherwise, I'm good to go now.

The intro was excellent, and I can't wait to dive into this!

Thanks again! :D
jameseso113
NSF

Post by jameseso113 »

Compete the great get the job done, As i browse small amount of content articles in this particular websites and even It looks like that your choice of word wide web web log is without a doubt realistic important and allows gotten forums in fabulous tips. UFABETราคาต่อรองบอลดีที่สุดในเอเชีย
zirdukukko
UNATCO

Post by zirdukukko »

I am just genuinely thrilled to come across this great site along with does get pleasure from looking at valuable content put up below. Your concepts in the publisher ended up being wonderful, cheers to the talk about. Kuliah gratis di Universitas Budi Luhur
zirdukukko
UNATCO

Post by zirdukukko »

Discover the ultimate karaoke experience in Daegu! Unleash your inner rockstar at Daegu's top karaoke spots, where cutting-edge technology meets a vibrant atmosphere. From K-pop classics to international hits, our Daegu karaoke venues offer the perfect stage for unforgettable musical moments. Elevate your night out with friends and family in the heart of Daegu's entertainment scene. Sing your heart out in style! 대구 노래방
oggy12
UNATCO

Post by oggy12 »

Hey, this day is too much good for me, since this time I am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. Thanks a lot for massive hard work. 마사지
muzammilseo89540
UNATCO

Post by muzammilseo89540 »

Great Lakes Roofing & Insulation Systems, where quality meets experience in roofing and insulation. Serving Michigan for over 35 years, we lead in flat and low slope roofing. Trust us for top-tier cellulose, spray foam, and fiberglass insulation. We're committed to delivering unmatched results on every project. duro--last contractor
jubalhenry
UNATCO

Post by jubalhenry »

My spouse and i came up on your web site even though paying attention only a little submits. Wonderful technique for up coming, We are book-marking immediately use your current comprehensive soars. 대구 bar 알바
jubalhenry
UNATCO

Post by jubalhenry »

This is certainly hence attractive plus artistic. I like a colorations plus whichever company may get them while in the mailbox might be smiling. 대구 토닥이
zirdukukko
UNATCO

Post by zirdukukko »

SafeBet Haven: Explore worry-free betting at SafeBet Haven, a top-tier Toto site. Verified for fraud, our playground assures a secure experience. With a solid operating history, ample capital, and prompt withdrawals, enjoy risk-free gaming here. 안전놀이터
zirdukukko
UNATCO

Post by zirdukukko »

Unlock the potential of FX margin trading for efficient money management. Turn small investments into substantial gains by effortlessly moving large amounts. Leverage expands your trading possibilities, ensuring profitability even in markets marked by high volatility. Dive into the advantages today!" fx사이트
muzammilseo89540
UNATCO

Post by muzammilseo89540 »

Experience the thrill of Gangnam Baccarat, where sophistication meets excitement. Dive into a world of high-stakes gaming and exclusive ambiance. Discover the allure of strategic gameplay and glamorous settings. Elevate your gaming experience with Gangnam Baccarat – the epitome of luxury and entertainment. Join us for an unforgettable journey in the heart of sophisticated gaming. 강남 바카라