Inspired by the site to try a little mod ... but!

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Hir
Mole Person

Inspired by the site to try a little mod ... but!

Post by Hir »

Sorry if this is wrong place for this.

Okay, never modded before and what I wanted to achieve is so timid compared to what I see here. I just wanted to increase the Ammo Cap on the Mini Crossbow as I want to do a non lethal play through. Got the unreal editor and unpacked files fine. Found the darts and increased the cap and as at start of game I wont know if it's been successful I put the word 'test' after the item description so I could see it straight away. Recompiled it, that seemed to go fine but there was no change in item description when I ran the game again. I'm running HDTP did I alter wrong file? It is GOTY edition, does that matter?
Bird
NSF

Re: Inspired by the site to try a little mod ... but!

Post by Bird »

One of the .int files \System\DeusEx.int overrode your item description in \System\DeusEx.u. It should not be a GOTY-related problem, though.
Hir
Mole Person

Post by Hir »

Well my mod was pointless, even if it worked. There are, relatively, so little tranq darts I could never get up to my dart ammo being filled because I was using them. Got through whole game, no kills. Some enemies got gibbed by their own weapons but I didn't kill anyone. Not even Anna Navara. I found a youtube AI exploit that helped me pass her. Don't know how the guy/girl who discovered this exploit found it.
Hir
Mole Person

Post by Hir »

Mod did work!

Never thought about it before, as I was on non lethal play through I never used the normal darts. Went in to an end of game save and lo! 60 darts which was what I changed the max ammo to. Okay, little thing but I'm well pleased, cheers to this site.