Unable to jump high enough to escape certain locations.

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
SuperSimsam
Mole Person

Unable to jump high enough to escape certain locations.

Post by SuperSimsam »

I recently reinstalled TNM as I had played it before, and had never finished it, as I sadly had to format my PC.
Lemme just get this out of the way- this mod is great, and has been quite the challenge for me on the hardest difficulty, which I have enjoyed.
But, I've found a problem that I've encountered twice in my playthrough- Not being able to progress at all, because of a ledge that I cannot jump over.
I encountered this in two areas:
Docks in Downtown District, the canal area with the boat featuring locked hatches. There are metal platforms, obviously placed there to get out of the water, but I could not for the life of me jump onto the ground from the metal platforms.
And, on level 3 in WorldCorp, in a little tight space, a floor made out of iron bars, with a little hole you can enter through. Now, this might sound like I was legit stuck, but I was given a exp bonus named something like "Crawling Around In Creepy Places Bonus", something like that.

I'd just like to know what is wrong with my game, and if this is only my problem. I have a slight clue, that I just thought of while writing this post, that my Modded Normal Deus Ex, with Shifter Bio-Mod and Nano-mod installed, features a Agility skill, in which you can jump higher and mantle yourself on objects and ledges. (This replaces the swimming skill.) However, if the skill is untrained, maybe your jump height is lower than usual. This could only be the case if TNM borrows files from the Deus Ex folder, which I'm sure it does.

Should I uninstall the mods and see if that works? Or does someone have any other ideas?
SuperSimsam
Mole Person

Re: Unable to jump high enough to escape certain locations.

Post by SuperSimsam »

I tried uninstalling the mods, everything works fine now. Sadly, I'll have to restart from the start, but it should be fine, knowing now that I can actually jump over things more than half my height. :) (I have to restart because my save used assets from my previous mods.)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Unable to jump high enough to escape certain locations.

Post by Jonas »

Hey, glad you worked it out. I really would not have been able to help you figure this out, so it's a good thing you thought of a solution yourself :)

Hope you enjoy the rest of the game!
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine