Best Graphics Options 2017

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
rorororo
Mole Person

Best Graphics Options 2017

Post by rorororo »

Hey guys,

Big fan, loved the mod years ago when it first came out. Popped into my head and want to give it another playthrough.

From some basic forum searching, I see that the mod is compatible with New vision and HDTP, but the guides are from years ago and use outdated versions of those mods.

Basically, could someone provide a guide as to how to get the maximum graphics out of the mod? Does kentie's dx10 renderer work well?
Made in China
MJ12

Re: Best Graphics Options 2017

Post by Made in China »

AFAIK every model in Deus Ex that was reused in TNM is actually created under a new class name - it is possible that the new HDTP releases will contain some models that are incompatible.
That being said, they just won't be used - it won't break your game or something. It's possible and simpler to use the newest HDTP version.
The same goes for New Vision. It doesn't replace the original files, but the naming scheme of the packages remains the same.
That being said, though, a common technique in games is to reuse some generic assets to fit all sorts of situations - and due to artistic difference between interpretations some might be thematically off when used in TNM. I do not know of specific cases, but it is a possibility none the less.

Regarding the renderer - everything works. I personally do not like the DirectX10 renderer because it makes the entire game darker and every light shine like it's the sun. I have the best experience using the OpenGL renderer.
rorororo
Mole Person

Post by rorororo »

Thanks for your reply.

You reckon openGL is better than dx9? huh. I always assumed openGL was for linux or shit GPUs or something.

Also, I notice the community 1.04plus patch has been removed from the site, is it worth hunting down?
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

In my opinion, yes. It's available here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-nameless- ... plus-patch
rorororo
Mole Person

Post by rorororo »

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-nameless- ... -with-mods

Based partly off the above guide, I'm gonna go for a Dx10, New Vision and 1.04plus playthrough. I'll post some results. Thanks for your help Made In China.