Silver Dragon not following

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
xcomcmdr
Thug

Silver Dragon not following

Post by xcomcmdr »

Another little bug I ran into (it was a while ago, I was playing like mad, sorry for not reporting this ASAP ^^U)

The first time I've seen Silver Dragon, I :
1.Freaked out
2.Told him to follow me. He did.
3.Changed my mind after a couple of moves, and told him to stay where he was
4.Came back after much killing (all guards were dead/unconscious)
5.Told him to follow me Here's the bug : He didn't move at all.
6.Told him again to follow me. No change.
7.As a workaround, I told him to run for the exit 'cause it was safe now. It worked.

cheers. ;)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Silver Dragon not following

Post by Jonas »

Hmm well I can't replicate this, but I've changed a setting in the order triggers just in case that was causing problems for you. Still tests fine for me.

Have you tried going in a circle around him to get in his line of sight?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
xcomcmdr
Thug

Post by xcomcmdr »

well, yeah, I've move around (sidewalk in his sight, and moved away from him while looking back at him) to see if he was moving. Always right in his sight of view.

I'll try to replicate it. Normally, I still have a save before telling him to go for the exit (just for the glory of S. King's colorful language :mrgreen: ).
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

I ran into the same exact problem by chance, by doing the exact same thing up until step 7. I repeatedly tried tell him to stay and then follow again, and he just kept standing there, not moving, rather than following me when I ran away from him.

After a few tries I loaded a saved game from before I met him, then took out the remaining guards, and THEN met him and told him to go for the exit, which worked.