Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Something strange just happened to me, which I reckon is a bug - I was trying to kill A2 in PDX, but he killed me. As I lay in a pool of blood on the floor, I got a PM from King Kashue, saying something like "Jesus Christ, Trestkon! How could you do something like that? I'm gonna come down there and personally kick your arse!"
Surely that's not right?
MrBlack
NSF

Post by MrBlack »

If you knock out ZP in Sol's on day one, you can meet ZP for the PDX infiltration mission for WC, before entering PDX, go back to Sol's and his unconscious body is still there
"It's all good!"
Dark Reality
UNATCO

Post by Dark Reality »

I found a bug a few days ago, but it wasn't game breaking, so I didn't point it out sooner. Sorry about that; I'm sure you'd have loved to have had it when it happened, e.g. for the next patch.

When I was in one of the back offices in Partyzone, the club behind WC, there were these three two-drawer-high filing cabinets, and one looked like it was missing a door until I opened it. The door appeared and another's door disappeared. After a little tinkering, I discovered that one door must at all times be hidden. I don't know if it's some sort of display limitation. I'm using the enhanced OpenGL renderer on an nVidia GeForce 6600 and I'm not using the latest drivers, I'm using 175.19. No reason I haven't upgraded, I keep the latest installer in a programs archive, it's just I don't play new PC games, so the new version will be installed next time I reinstall Windows. I do that every six months or so. So I basically stay with the latest drivers.

I have an issue, not sure if others have pointed it out, but your little debug window is cute and all, but it needs to hide itself before executing a command. There's one command this is really important for - sshot. Gotta love taking screenshots. When I found the Within Temptation CD single "Ice Queen" on somebody's desk, it made me think I was working for the wrong people. (At least I think that's where I found it - as opposed to Partyzone.) When I took the shot, I realized the debug window was in the way. So I put the CD on the right side of my screen and took a screenshot there.

I just figure, someone sees their favorite movie or a CD by a favorite band or artist, or a favorite game, maybe they're going to blog about it or something, it'd be nice to show a screenshot. I think it's great how you guys have all kinds of real-world stuff in the game. Whenever they do it in movies or on TV (e.g. both the movie Demolition Man and the TV show Star Trek: Enterprise (or was it Babylon 5?) had "20th century collectors) and their collections looked very forced. Or the old movie store trick where every movie on the shelves is by the company that made the movie, unless it's Kevin Smith, he uses whatever he wants. (Speaking of whom, my wife said if I don't at least see "Clerks." somewhere, she's going to be very disappointed... can't get her to play the game, though she did admit TNM sounds intriguing.)
Do you love Off-Topic Productions and The Nameless Mod?
Join TNMST - The Nameless Mod Street Team - today.
[]KAOS[]Casey
Thug

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

DXNathan wrote:two-drawer-high filing cabinets, and one looked like it was missing a door until I opened it.
That sounds like a Tim Sweeney® blunder of the ages, that happens in Unreal 1, UT99, DX and and any other game under the sun that's unreal engine 1 related with movers. I don't know of any way to fix it {since i'm not a mapper, its possible it might be able to fix with different lighting} but the core bug is in the engine, probably coded like spaghetti and with a lack of comments as usual. It likely cannot be fixed :/
I have seen code that has surely darkened my soul within the depths of the unreal engine itself.
Shameless plug for Unreal 227 patch : http://www.oldunreal.com/
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

There is a way to fix it, you delete all the movers and recreate them. If the bug reappears, you repeat until it goes away. It's fairly painful and likely to create new BSP problems when you rebuild. This particular glitch has been reported before, so it's on my list, but I hope you'll understand that it's fairly far down the list.

I also know my fix of a huge insta-kill BSP error in the final mission of the game created a new one of these in patch 1.0.1. It makes me sad.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I'm getting really frequent crashing in ABI, in the area at the end of the road around the actual facilities. :(
Faulting application tnm.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0037004c.
Hanging application TNM.exe, version 0.0.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
(this happened a lot, like four or five times)
Faulting application tnm.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module , version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.
Faulting application tnm.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module dxogg.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00058e0f.
Faulting application tnm.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.
It's about half quickloading, and half just looking in the wrong direction. One particularly bad area is getting on top the guard hut at the gate, and looking across the yard at the other buildings. :(
Most recent log attached. This was from a quickload (crashed actually on the TNM logo instead of the actual loading the game)
Attachments
TNM.rar
tnm.log
(3.93 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
loony636
UNATCO

Post by loony636 »

I've found what I believe to be a bug, since I've been able to replicate it a few times.

When you're in the WorldCorp secret levels, once you blow the hole in the wall and take a left in the tunnel, when you take the door on the right there's a security bot. Since I had absolutely no ammo, I ran forwards without killing it, killed the single guard and ducked into the staff room area at the back. Once I'd dealt with the receptionist, I crept over the desk and disabled the cameras. I then took the door on the left (the left as you enter the reception area), killed the Man in Black in the right-most room, pillaged the others and opened the doors to go back to the reception area. However, as I did so, I saw the doors of the reception area from the corridor with the security bot continually opening and closing. When I looked, I saw the security bot constantly trying to open the doors, but as I stepped closer to try to kill it, the game crashed.

This wasn't a nice kind of crash either - the game just froze and I couldn't return to the desktop. I suppose a stop-gap solution would be for me to kill the security bot via the console, but I don't know the command. I would guess that its some sort of pathing issue with the security bot, but given my almost complete lack of modding knowledge, I really have no idea.
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

After I find the secret stash of stealth pistols as per the datacube directions i broke open the garbage bas with a crowbar, and ever since i did that, the sound effect for swinging and hitting something with the crowbar has been muted no matter what map i go into. I dropped the crowbar and picked it up again, same deal. Also, i'm not one hundred percent sure, but i think my footfalls also mute if i've got he crowbar out. Everything else sounds and acts fine.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

• I fetched 3 red biocells for the DJ. After talking to him and getting the code for the safe, he only took two. The remaining one gets stacked behind another item in my inventory, as if I'd used the drag-and-close inventory glitch (see attachment). I can reproduce it at least on my current save file.
  • Kunio-kun gives you two environmental resistance/aqualung aug canisters by doing the following: Say "I'll take the two upgrades" first, then say "Let me have the aug". It has to be during the same cut scene conversation. (Mentioned here but apparently not fixed in 1.0.1)
  • Very early on in the game the data vault stopped logging my conversations. I have no idea what caused it but my last conversation was with Krissy over the Intercom. It was my second visit to PDX HQ and I still didn't have the key, so I rung the bell to have her let me in again. Edit: It started logging again, so maybe I was simply talking to people whose conversations don't get logged.
Attachments
djinventorybug.jpg
Last edited by odawali on Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
[]KAOS[]Casey
Thug

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Thehotdogman wrote:After I find the secret stash of stealth pistols as per the datacube directions i broke open the garbage bas with a crowbar, and ever since i did that, the sound effect for swinging and hitting something with the crowbar has been muted no matter what map i go into. I dropped the crowbar and picked it up again, same deal. Also, i'm not one hundred percent sure, but i think my footfalls also mute if i've got he crowbar out. Everything else sounds and acts fine.
That sounds like a sound slot issue almost, but if you change maps and it still happens.. whoa.. I have no idea other than to chalk it up to Galaxy being crappy. Smirftsch doesn't have the full source to galaxy either as it's still partially closed source. It was coded by one guy according to mostly leaked credits in the rune headers, and it's terribly messy. Does it still mess up when you restart DX? Occasionally galaxy dies and doesn't play some sounds, or they will crackle a lot for no apparent reason.
I have seen code that has surely darkened my soul within the depths of the unreal engine itself.
Shameless plug for Unreal 227 patch : http://www.oldunreal.com/
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

• In Deus Ex, when you assign a hotkey (1-9) to grenades, the HUD icon will also show how many you have (ex COUNT: 3). This feature seems to be broken or disabled in TNM. It'd be nice to have it back.
  • If you have a map load with uranium sticks in your inventory, the geiger counter sound "sticks" to your spawn point on the next map. The ground where you loaded on also has a pale blue glow as if the sticks were placed there. Further, if you equip the sticks and put them away, the glow/sound will be stuck to the ground you were standing on when you did that. Dropping the sticks and picking them back up seems to reset this bug.
  • This may not necessarily a bug, but your body gives off a pale glow (which is actually useful as a light, similar to holding a DTS) if you have the uranium sticks in your inventory. Works even if you aren't holding them in your hand.
Last edited by odawali on Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Dark Reality
UNATCO

Post by Dark Reality »

I'm not too concerned about the movers, as you call them, in relation to the file cabinet doors. That y'all know about it is enough for me and that it's an Unreal Engine 1 bug does not surprise me. DX and UT'99 are two of my favorite games, and aside from plot, music, and other game-related elements, I just think the engine was well done. It's solid. But it's not without bugs, like anything else. It's not game-breaking by any means.

I found another though. After speaking with the Llamas per either Evil Invasion or (most likely) King Kashue, I gained entrance to their temple. I was then contacted by Dark Templar who asked me to steal plans from the Llamas about a secret spork design. (Aww, Firefox spell checker doesn't recognize spork. That's sad.) So I do, and I go back to check in with Templar. There's a note in my datavault under goals saying that Abom doesn't know I've betrayed him yet, and that I can get some kind of reward (for finding Goat City). Not wanting to betray the Goats (hey, I like their city) I ignore this, and upon entry to Goat City, Abom chews me out over the datalink. Safe bet he knows, right? Well, the note is still in my datavault, even after beating Shadowcode.
Do you love Off-Topic Productions and The Nameless Mod?
Join TNMST - The Nameless Mod Street Team - today.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

DT: Ko'd him, went to the temple(got aug, pissed off Oi by mentioning llamas), went back to Abom to tell him about Goat City, and Still got an angry (fake plans) PM from unconscious DT.

Highest item difficulty: I think an essential item gets taken out on "rare" difficulty The datacube giving the code to the storage rooms in the Shadowcode mission is floating.

I take it you already know about the two BSP tears in the DXI ruins map.. near the satellite dish I think

On the 2nd day(maybe 1st day too) one of the four lights above Kashue's pool is not on.

After Knocking out Raving on the 1st day, and going back to his shop on the 2nd day I get: "WARNING! INFOLINK NOT FOUND!! Name = PM_Narc_RavingKnockout" Inside is Raving, Andreaus, and the 3 thugs.

EDIT:
Subway hostage situation: KO'd the two DXO guys, talked to the hostage who still thought they were in peril, activated the trains, female hostage talked as if I let the DXO guys just leave, and the secondary mission remains in my log

Zero Presence KO: I still got Kylie calling me an arrogant prick in DXI because I knocked ZP out in Sol's, and after I sneaked past ZP he stil gave me his "why'd you let me live?" holo message. Can't you have his unconscious flag expire by mission 21 or have a special "ZP_Sol'sknockout" flag?

More DXO KO wonkyness: I told Pimp-Jojo that I needed to think about it(Which aug I wanted), then walked behind him and knocked him out. The secondary mission then remains uncompleted, no big deal though.

I knocked out everybody in DXO HQ, without any talking. When I saved Kevothe conversation made it seem like I knew about the alliance they wanted and such. If you then kill TRM's body after savingKevo the "TRM dead, go save Kevo" mission will remain.
Last edited by JC_Helios on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Who
Thug

Post by Dr.Who »

Ok so now I'm getting graphical blips (as is chunks or slivers of the screen turning black,green,red,gray,etc.) upon start up and during play. It's also causing the game to freeze every 10 seconds and then start back after another 30.

Any fix for this? Already tried deleting and re-installing the patch.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

JC_Helios wrote: Subway hostage situation: KO'd the two DXO guys, talked to the hostage who still thought they were in peril, activated the trains, female hostage talked as if I let the DXO guys just leave, and the secondary mission remains in my log
These guys never appeared for me. When I go down into the slums subway there's a bunch of hostages thanking me and talking about how they're glad its over but no DXO, no enemies at all.