Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
[]KAOS[]Casey
Thug

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

What renderer are you using? DrawPortal{what the targeting aug rendering window is} is inherently bugged on unreal and UT, I never got around to screwing with it on deus ex, but it's the least bugged in d3d8, the most bugged in opengl/d3d9, somewhat bugged in d3d7 and 6{Unreal 1 only}, and works fine but looks like ass in software. Can't remember about glide, been too long since i've used it and tested drawportal

Though it's possible that the NewVision textures aren't flagged properly to be masked to display on the screen or are drawn incorrectly {Off the screen possibly}.. But I don't know if DX uses a texture or DrawText for the text
I have seen code that has surely darkened my soul within the depths of the unreal engine itself.
Shameless plug for Unreal 227 patch : http://www.oldunreal.com/
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

Unless you already have SceneNodeHack=True set in the appropriate section in your TNM.ini, that's probably not New Vision's fault. The same thing happened without New Vision. See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1707&hilit=targetting+aug
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

Apologies for posting a second post when the last post in the thread was also by me, but I didn't want this bug report to inadvertently get missed by tacking it onto the end of that one in an edit.

I'm in the WorldCorp campaign, and the doorman just told me to talk to Clark to raise my security level. Well, I went to talk to him, and instead of it starting a two-way conversation, he goes "What are you still doing in my office?" (or one of two other things or so, like "Excuse me, I have to go fire the secretary that let you into the building" or "The door is over there", if I remember right) - the wording may not be exactly right, I didn't write down what he said.

He was having a conversation with an employee he was firing when I came up to the door, and I could butt into that instead of waiting for the newly fired employee to leave, but after the three-way conversation ended any attempt to talk to him had the same result as above.

I could also talk to the employee after he left the room, and then go in and talk to the person, and this had the same result.

If I walked up to the door and watched their conversation start, and took a few steps back and turned around, and then went back to the door, the employee who was being fired had (inexplicably) vanished into thin air. If I then went inside, the results of talking were the same as before still.
Javelin
Thug

Post by Javelin »

Same bug as mentioned above by Trafalgar.
Goal never showed up either to talk to Mr. Clark.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

It's not a goal, it's a note. That's it.
Try:
going to WC lvl 2
legend (cheat)
invoke con
mrclark
clarkclearances
set flags
Lork
NSF

Post by Lork »

Trafalgar wrote:Unless you already have SceneNodeHack=True set in the appropriate section in your TNM.ini, that's probably not New Vision's fault. The same thing happened without New Vision. See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1707&hilit=targetting+aug
I just tried it again with that added to my ini and it was still broken.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Which renderer are you using? I think scenenodehack was pretty much only for the enhanced openGL, rather than the dx9.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

Not sure if this is a bug or it just happens to me. On the map where you have to get the firestaff in DXI the area with the WIB and MIBthe way out, the elevator does work, but I just keep on dying when I try to go up on it, any reason why this happens?

Once I picked up a trashbag on the level where your meant to throw something into the incenerator to get the elevator working and it would not let me drop it, just said "Can't drop this here" all the time, but I could use items, but had to go into inventory screen and equip item that way which is kinda annoying

I got flamethrowered in one map Goat Temple, but I was on god mode and the flames never went away, but when I left the place and went back to goat city the flames went away, but going back to the Goat Temple, reactivated the flames. Also I thought if I jumped in water inside the goat temple the flames would be put out, but I was thinking "Why am I in water and still burning?"

Also I got weird glitch. I was on spacestation and when Iwent to level 3 from elevator(I had wrench equipted) when the map loaded, I had nothing equipted, even though I could see on the very far left and center of the screen, the hand with the wrench! (I'd post screenshot, but I did not get one) I had to drop it to get it back and use any item again.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
terthos
Thug

Post by terthos »

Had a firestaff/convo issue with 1.0.0
I reported it in viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2087
Maybe should have reported it here instead, but, well, it had possible spoilers.
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

There's a spoiler tag you can use to obscure spoilers. :)

Another possible bug, unless I just overlooked a ladder: I jumped into the water in the downtown district to (a) investigate a crashed car and (b) take a bath after having gone through the sewer, and was unable to get back out. Trestkon tries to jump onto the docks, but can't quite make it. He won't jump onto the boats, either. I don't see any ladders or ramps around. I tried using my level 1 jump aug, but it didn't help. I had to 'fly' out.

I'm assuming you aren't supposed to NOT go down here, because there are a couple goodies down here next to the car.
Patrick
Thug

Post by Patrick »

The windows in the executive suite of the DXO server complex are all non-clipping.
Patrick
Thug

Post by Patrick »

In the DXO server complex in the WC storyline after gaining elevator access you can still access the basement with the fusion-powered elevator to ShadowCode's lair. Activating the fusion generator with rubbish will still add the goal from the PDX storyline and then evil invasion will call me with the shutdown codes (even though I killed him this time through). The actual lift to shadowcode is inf/inf and I don't have the key, but the goals stick around on me.
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

Trafalgar wrote:There's a spoiler tag you can use to obscure spoilers. :)

Another possible bug, unless I just overlooked a ladder: I jumped into the water in the downtown district to (a) investigate a crashed car and (b) take a bath after having gone through the sewer, and was unable to get back out. Trestkon tries to jump onto the docks, but can't quite make it. He won't jump onto the boats, either. I don't see any ladders or ramps around. I tried using my level 1 jump aug, but it didn't help. I had to 'fly' out.

I'm assuming you aren't supposed to NOT go down here, because there are a couple goodies down here next to the car.
If you are on about the bit infront of the book shop leading upto the lama temple then there is a ladder to get out on the dock bit at the side of it. There is also a ladder on one side of the boat.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Morpheus wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or it just happens to me. On the map where you have to get the firestaff in DXI the area with the WIB and MIBthe way out, the elevator does work, but I just keep on dying when I try to go up on it, any reason why this happens?
Are you by any chance using the invisibility cheat?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

stucuk wrote: If you are on about the bit infront of the book shop leading upto the lama temple then there is a ladder to get out on the dock bit at the side of it. There is also a ladder on one side of the boat.
Ah, ok. I must be blind or something.