Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Made in China
MJ12

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by Made in China »

Two bugs in my WorldCorp playthrough:

In PDX's main server, where you need to get the admin password for WorldCorp, you can get a PM from Evil Invasion - activating Mr. Fusion and throwing something into it, gets me a goal from the PDX storyline. Also, afterwards, going near the elevator gives me ShadowCode's servers' disabling codes. It doesn't unlock the elevator, but the goal just stays there. Just a mild annoyance.

In the ATC, you can actually get stuck and go through the map. After exiting the sewer and turning left, you can see a pile of metal crates. I've climbed them, activated the running aug and jumped onto the ledge. Moving on the ledge, on the second turn to the right, there's a lowered building, which lets me jump onto it with the running aug. Now, in a certain place, you can go through the background buildings and end up in the background, and get stuck. Also, turning left there will get me to a pit which I can't get out of. This can be easily fixed by making the building higher.

Also, the Voodoo shop remains closed even after the firewalls in the slums are gone. This hasn't happened to me in my PDX playthrough, but this might be intentional, since the portals were reactivated.

Edit:
The kidnapping goal doesn't end properly if you connect the power prematurely.
You still have the secondary goal of talking to Pimp-Jojo even if you killed him.
From my PDX playthrough - breaking into DX Editing fails when knocking people out, while the instructions were just not to kill anyone, and saying that at the very end of the missionseems a bit unfair.
Arnaud G. Vasquez
Thug

Post by Arnaud G. Vasquez »

I think I remember reading somewhere that one of the developers is very adamant about correct spelling. I am as well, and I have noticed more than a few spelling errors (or occasionally voice errors - i.e. the typed dialogue does not match the spoken line)...should I compile a list and post that in here, or what? If it's not a big deal, I'll leave it; if it *is* worth chronicling, I shall commence.
I'm pretty confident in everything from the neck up.
dataangel
Mole Person

Post by dataangel »

Another bug: "You have disposed of some thugs, maybe you should check back with Alpha to see what they were talking about." -- But Alpha is dead. I only knocked him out before, but Winq said he died in the explosion.
Patrick
Thug

Post by Patrick »

The DXO hostage situation can be buggered up by reactivating the subway and then going to the central district, corporate district, and then back to the slums, effectively stepping out of the train behind the hostage-takers. They're gone and the hostages are dazed/grateful but the goal and explosives are still there. I guess the disabling of the voodoo shop teleports was meant to prevent this kind of jiggerypokery.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

[quote="Patrick"][/quote]

That's what happens normally.... Hostage Takers take off and hostages are still there. You can also get behind the HTers normally they don't mind you being behind them until you draw a weapon or something.... I'm not sure what you think the bug is.
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

Found another bug: if you visit the WC subbasement in the WC storyline on day 2, after also having visited it on day 1 (and I had gone all the way to That Guy and talked with him), That Guy (and Trestkon) will talk as if you hadn't visited it at all yet. When you come back to the subbasement on day 2, That Guy will repeat all the dialogue which he already said when you visited the first time just as though you had never been there before.

Also, I had lockpicked the elevator cover and bypassed the elevator keypad to get there on day 1, and on day 2 the elevator's cover had been locked again, but the keypad remained bypassed.
JC_Helios wrote:I'm not sure what you think the bug is.
Well, he mentioned the goal is still there.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Oh must have missed that after I had already reported that bug a while earlier. How many explosives were there? After theDXO guys leave the majority of the explosives go away, but a few of them are supposed to still be there.

I've been having some very annoying galaxy crashes which seem to revolve around PJ's augs. (1st crash in corprate district, after intiating conversation with one of the hopelessly trapped civilans, 2nd was in goat city after a goat saw me, said his thing, and I set him on fire (the sound of him spotting me kept looping while the windows error screen was on top of the game.), 3rd crash was after hitting PJ with a heavy duty napalm glob.)

Can't seem to attach the log, so here's the end of it: Those three warning: aug CRT/HS/TV errors take up most of the log

Warning: Failed to load 'Class DeusEx.AugCannisterCRT': Failed to find object 'Class DeusEx.AugCannisterCRT'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class DeusEx.AugCannisterHS': Failed to find object 'Class DeusEx.AugCannisterHS'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class DeusEx.AugCannisterTV': Failed to find object 'Class DeusEx.AugCannisterTV'
Log: Assigning Last Button Window to tnmConWindowActive 22_FCDowntown.trestkon3.tnmRootWindow0.tnmConWindowActive0
Log: Assigning Last Button Window to tnmConWindowActive 22_FCDowntown.trestkon3.tnmRootWindow0.tnmConWindowActive0
Log: Assigning Last Button Window to ConChoiceWindow 22_FCDowntown.trestkon3.tnmRootWindow0.tnmConWindowActive0.TileWindow156.ConChoiceWindow1
Log: Tried to remove lastbuttonwindow descendant. ConChoiceWindow 22_FCDowntown.trestkon3.tnmRootWindow0.tnmConWindowActive0.TileWindow156.ConChoiceWindow1
Log: Assigning Last Button Window to TileWindow 22_FCDowntown.trestkon3.tnmRootWindow0.tnmConWindowActive0.TileWindow156
Log: Assigning Last Button Window to TileWindow 22_FCDowntown.trestkon3.tnmRootWindow0.tnmConWindowActive0.TileWindow156
Log: Assigning Last Button Window to TextWindow 22_FCDowntown.trestkon3.tnmRootWindow0.tnmConWindowActive0.TileWindow156.tnmConWindowSpeech6.TextWindow636
Log: Assigning Last Button Window to TextWindow 22_FCDowntown.trestkon3.tnmRootWindow0.tnmConWindowActive0.TileWindow156.tnmConWindowSpeech6.TextWindow636
Log: Tried to remove lastbuttonwindow descendant. TextWindow 22_FCDowntown.trestkon3.tnmRootWindow0.tnmConWindowActive0.TileWindow156.tnmConWindowSpeech6.TextWindow636
Log: Assigning Last Button Window to TextWindow 22_FCDowntown.trestkon3.tnmRootWindow0.tnmConWindowActive0.TileWindow156.tnmConWindowSpeech7.TextWindow637
Log: Tried to remove lastbuttonwindow descendant. TextWindow 22_FCDowntown.trestkon3.tnmRootWindow0.tnmConWindowActive0.TileWindow156.tnmConWindowSpeech7.TextWindow637
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Assertion failed: Playing.Channel [File:D:\prj\Clean\Galaxy\Src\UnGalaxy.cpp] [Line: 1876]
Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
Log: DirectDraw End Mode
Exit: UOpenGLRenderDevice::ShutdownAfterError
Critical: StartSample
Critical: UpdateSounds
Critical: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::Update
Critical: UGameEngine::Draw
Critical: UWindowsViewport::Repaint
Critical: UWindowsClient::Tick
Critical: ClientTick
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: XGameEngineExt::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: MainLoop
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 04/03/09 04:21:37

Another crash after I managed to get the three cannisters and run to a medbot before the game crashed again. Was fighting Athena and it crashed as soon as I shot in her direction with the Napalm Launcher.... prolly due to these(only thing that could explain it and it was just before the crash in the log):

ScriptWarning: tnmAugDefense 22_GoatTemplae.tnmAugDefense8 (Function TNM.tnmAugDefense.FindNearestProjectile:0097) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: tnmAugDefense 22_GoatTemplae.tnmAugDefense8 (Function TNM.tnmAugDefense.Active.Timer:0025) Accessed None
Jaesun
Mole Person

Post by Jaesun »

Hopefully this hasn't been reported so far. I have TNM and Patch 1.0.1 installed. Started a new game and am having one rather lulzy bug:

When returning the body of the kidnapped Lama guy and laying him on the ground near the temple entrance, the "presence" of his body seems to alert everyone in the compound and they all freak out. Also because of this the Abomination, shoots his rockets, which caused the glass in the near by coffee shop to break, and I was able to walk in the coffee shop and grab all the goodies in there.

This is all in the beginning area. Bug?

EDIT: I re-loaded my save from just before doing the above, and this time, everything worked fine. Nobody in the Temple (or the guard) freaked out. Weird.

I'm not playing with any mods, just plain Deus Ex, Game of the Year edition.
Last edited by Jaesun on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

The female goat worshippers say the wrong thing - The text says "I hope I didn't forget to turn the melk off", but the voice says something about edicts of Oon.

Playing allied to Worldcorp + goats:
After finding the Admin password in the Server complex, I went to see if I could get to Shadowcode as well. I threw the trash into the generator, and got a message from Evil Invasion (who is dead) giving me the 5 codes and the goal to shut down the servers to trap Shadowcode.
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

After coming out of DXI, there is a door floating in midair in the slums. In the pic I am standing near an inf locks/str manhole cover.
Attachments
tnm bug floatingdoor.jpg
Last edited by Baleout on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

I once carried the unconscious llama's body past the n00bs, and they fled towards the firewalls, who promptly gunned them down, despite said firewalls having agreed to not shoot at them (when I did the quest to get the n00bs to leave, I got the firewalls to agree not to shoot the n00bs, and got the n00bs to agree to leave the sector).

I just got a critical error after non-lethally solving ZP's assassination attempt against OiNutter. I got a CRITICAL ERROR runaway loop crash popup, a screenshot of it is at the end of this post. What I did first, since it might be the cause (if it wasn't unrelated), is as follows: After setting off the fire alarm by just using the sprinkler, I walked forward past the (open) doors, and stopped just past the doors. OiNutter, the female worshipper carrying the metric fuckton of stacks of throwing foons, and the templar spawned. The woman closed the doors behind me. I prodded the templar and the woman, knocked the templar unconscious with the prod, and then the woman, and then OiNutter, and then left. The guards outside were not hostile as a result since all the action took place behind closed doors (and nobody got any shots off anyways).

I didn't get a PM from ZP, but when I returned to ZP and talked to him, he thought OiNutter had been killed (and said I had a good career as bait ahead of me, even though I knocked out the target myself :P).

After the conversation ended, and I tried to talk to him some more, I got one more speech bit, and then instead of another speech bit on the second try, I got this:
TNM_GoatCityZPAssassinationCrash.png
I thought it was a PM that was bugging out since the error says "infolink", but it's probably normal speech instead since I just repeated it twice more and it always happens when I try to talk to him again after "For what it's worth, Kylie did talk about you a lot. The way you left must've left some scars" (or whatever it was he said).
~MainMan~
Thug

Post by ~MainMan~ »

I get the above error also.

On another note, I noticed an error in the script, rather than a bug. Whilst playing for PDX, when you leave Worldcorp after planting the spyware, Scara talks to you, threatening his "coup de gras [sic]." It should be coup de grâce, as in, a blow of mercy, rather than coup de gras which means a blow of fat. Consequently this also means that the pronunciation is wrong in the voice recording (as grâce in French is pronounced almost like "grass" in english, not "graa")

I assume the voice acting would be impossible to correct now, but I think we can pretend to owe the mispronunciation to Scara's error, rather than the developers' ;) The text itself should be fixed anyway though.
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

~MainMan~ wrote:I get the above error also.
Ditto.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

I was playing for PDX and after I banned Scara from the system on the Space Station the screen faded and said "loading" and after the loading finished, the screen was black, so I waited about 5 mins and nothing happened. I could not even use my computer so I had to restart, happened more than once
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

This one falls in the realm of voice acting / text errors so though it isn't an outright bug, I thought you'd like to know about it all the same.

After you kill the goat leader for the llamas and talk to beefman for your reward (that has most awesomely been fixed, thank you devs) one of his barks says something to the effect of "go and gloat to some of the other goats, like silver dragon". Plus, in this playthrough SD's dead.... and unless i have my wires crossed he's also a llama.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost