Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Trafalgar
NSF

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by Trafalgar »

baleout: you basically just reported what I did about ricemanu, without spoiler tags, except what did you do to get him to tell you there were 5 guards afterwards?

I haven't played again yet - I was shooting zombines and such last night.
JC_Helios wrote:Trafalgar's Ricemanu bug: Huh? you could save him?
Watch out, spoilers in the middle of this paragraph:
Yeah. You just have to get there really fast. I backed up to the point that triggers the PM, with the speed aug turned on, and my dual pistols fully prepared, then sprinted out of there (location description:) to the door, up the stairs, and (if you're facing the right way when you hit the loading transition, you'll be facing the outside doorway after the transition) out the outside door, and (action description:) gunned down the two attackers before they could get around the fence to shoot him. Of course they may have been slightly distracted by the sudden appearance of Someone Who Is Actually Dangerous.

(location: I had entered the building from the roof, if it wasn't clear)

I'm guessing you aren't really SUPPOSED to be able to save him, and certainly couldn't if you didn't know the event was going to happen, but the developers probably had to add it in because people could do things like this. And because people like me considered him mission-essential and so were willing to reload and retry 5 times until we succeeded, just because he said he'd hack some security systems and thus we (er, I) felt compelled to save his bacon.
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

• During player creation, selecting Restore Defaults only resets your head to the default. You won't be wearing eye wear or coat in the preview, but you will be once the game starts.
  • If you pick up fired darts stuck in the wall/ground, they don't get added to your ammo.
terthos
Thug

Post by terthos »

Something you might want to look at. I sided with WC this play through. In WC building, I took the basement elevator from floor 1 to basement and slayed the dragon. I then returned to floor 1 via the basement elevator. Then took the other elevator back to Scara. After convo, Scara allows me to use his personal elevator. I take it down to the Garage. Rather then exiting at this time, I run back to the basement elevator. It apparently is at the 1st floor, as it should be, but I then realize there is no outer elevator door. If player falls into shaft, he can't get out unless he fly's out.

EDIT: Outer doors are opened. Not missing.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Ah-HAH! Caught up. Fixed everything I could. Reported the rest in the bug tracker for the programmers.

Somebody asked if I wanted a list of typos and voice-over inconsistencies: Yes please.

Re: Ricemanu: He's supposed to be rescuable. Usually placing a gas grenade works for me, to take out the attackers. I've doubled his health for version 1.0.2 so hopefully he'll be easier to rescue in time after the next patch.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Just redid the Narcissus ending and it didn't crash where it did as reported my last post. Guess it was a random fluke.
I did see this, though:
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1774/t ... 055724.png
When he fades out the sunglasses stay. I've noticed that the sunglasses also aren't effected by fog, for Jackie's and Winq's in Sol's Bar day 2.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

I have a simple thing, probably related to UED editor. When your in Sols bar and you find Jackies locker, I was able to see through it before unlocking the door, so I knew what was in the locker.

Also abomination (Is that the guy in front of the Llama Temple?) anyway, he for some reason when I was first on the map after returning the guards uncontious body to them, chased after shot at a Board Guest, a goat templar chased me to that area, then abomination went after him and killed him, then went after the board guests and shooting at them. Is that supposed to happen?
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Morpheus wrote:Also abomination (Is that the guy in front of the Llama Temple?) anyway, he for some reason when I was first on the map after returning the guards uncontious body to them, chased after shot at a Board Guest, a goat templar chased me to that area, then abomination went after him and killed him, then went after the board guests and shooting at them. Is that supposed to happen?
Considering Abom hates both the BGs and the Goats, yet, it is supposed to happen :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

Morpheus wrote:I have a simple thing, probably related to UED editor. When your in Sols bar and you find Jackies locker, I was able to see through it before unlocking the door, so I knew what was in the locker.
I had this happen to me once too, but it became non-see-through again while I was still in the same room with it for some reason (I didn't open the lockers).
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Ricemanu: Hmm I had level 4 speed aug, tried entering form both access points and exiting from both access points. From what I could see it looked completely scripted, guy inside the fence dead, Ricemanu dead, other 4 just standing around. Maybe you startled Ricemanu some how and he left his "death trigger zone" before you entered the offices or something. I'm not sure how much doubling his health would help what was happening in my game.

More denouement fun:
DDL is apparently alive and helping the resistance even though I put a bullet in his brain.
Slicer was "defeated" twice by Trestkon, when technically all I did was run past him both times.
Already mentioned I think but: ZP can't bare working for Trest even if you chose Ryan and Trst left" Also the Slicer ending mentions his friends being dead even with Ryan'sending... and in Ryan's ending Sol's appears burned even with WC(I had killed Alpha if that matters
.)
If you do the WC ending up until talking to Scara on the holoprojector on level 4 then ban him, go back down to level 4, and overheat the LEET's, and finally bomb PDX.
The WC independent ending will play, but the Denouement will be as if Ryan's ending came to pass

That Guy, and Evil Invasion don't have a very good grip on DX style endings.... If I even start doing Ryan's ending they immediately think that everything I do is in order to achieve that ending... Even if I got to the AI mainframe at the same time that PDX/WC need me to go there. Can't really be fixed, but seems a bit odd.
Last edited by JC_Helios on Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trafalgar
NSF

Post by Trafalgar »

Maybe it makes a difference what the difficulty level is? I had it on medium and there were two live attackers and one dead one. With more attackers he'd die faster, yes?. (I'm betting that on harder difficulties, the higher damage and higher NPC health should be balanced to cancel out so that NPC fights take the same amount of time on different difficulty levels)
TylerT
Mole Person

Post by TylerT »

not sure if this has been posted else where but clicking the hover car in the parking garage leads to an insta crash, for me at least. i am playing with the patch
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Sounds like you're not playing with the patch for the patch:
http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... 022#p42022

Re: Ricemanu: There's very little scripted about it, it's simply set up such that if you enter the exterior map again after getting his "help me" message, the ambushers are spawned outside the fence and told to attack him. It makes no difference to the script which way you're exiting the office building, but I doubt it's possible to save him in time if you go out the front door.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

odawali wrote:
  • During player creation, selecting Restore Defaults only resets your head to the default. You won't be wearing eye wear or coat in the preview, but you will be once the game starts.
Thanks for the bug report. I've fixed it. It will be in the next patch.
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

In the secret part of ABI, where worldcorp and ABI soldiers and bots are fighting...

There's a datacube in a drawer with the login/password "weaponsrnd/fragthefuckers", but it isn't automatically added to your datavault.

During the conversation with the worldcorp soldier hiding in one of the cubicles, the text says something like "the hall as well" but the voice only says "the hall".
BoneofMalkav
Thug

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Ghond gave me a pair of pants after our first conversation (or in his case lack there of)
Existence is overshadowing.Severance is forbearing. Difference is continuous. Self Destruction is imminent. Pain brings dreams to closure. Death brings Life to those unchanged by the Hues of Madness