Patch 1.0.1

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Thehotdogman
NSF

Re: Patch 1.0.1

Post by Thehotdogman »

Not sure if this is/was an issue or not, but i'm with PDX and the Goats, and i killed Abom on a whim, and i got a goals updated message. I figured, alright i probably finished a mission out of order, no biggie? I finish the spyware mission, and Dark Templar tells me that i got rid of the goats' arch enemy and i should go to him for details. I do (he's standing outside in front of the water fountain), and no conversation happens, he just has barks of seeing the light and such. Did i break something?
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

odawali wrote:
  • BTW it took a couple of tries but I managed to save Ricemanu without him turning hostile. I exited through the attic immediately used playersonly (basically freezes time)
And now without cheating ;).

Some more bugs:
TNM is very well designed and gives a multiplitude of possible responses to whatever you do, but it's pretty clear they never had a truly psychopathic person run through it and add responses to that :D.
* For example if you ban both Scara and Ryan and then blow the LEET's, and exit the station (no Kylie) you get the Ryan ending (I banned you!!!) and the "Trestkon takes over the world WC denouncement"
* Going back after Midashand landed at the ATC and he will still be in the slums (nice that you can go there instead of killing people though, I didn't thought that an option because killing was the main goal!). Although when you say "later" there his convo repeats instead of going to "ready" and then the options. Also, kill Midashand, then go to the ATC. He's still there in the chopper! (you will still crash in ABI though).
* You can escape from PDX through Despot's Apartment if you kill someone (also, why no PM if done on level2, you can use the same VO since "down there" can mean down the hall as well as a whole level down?). Of course this can mess up things insanely.

And some bugs that require non-radical ideas :D.
* Would it be possible to disable saving during Radish Adventure or when you killed in PDX/Scara? For the less 2 to prevent loss of progress if you happen to save afterwards, in the first case because saving and loading there really doesn't work.
* Going back into the sewers from the ATC and Midhishand's PM has the wrong VO ("Hey Trestkon, where are you going!? Come back here, we need to go to ABI!" says "SatCom says the area is clear. I am coming in (or something like that)".
* ATC-stuff. Because it would be a pain to describe stuff I ghosted a image from above and added all the relevant information there:
ATC Issue Overview.jpg
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hassat Hunter wrote:TNM is very well designed and gives a multiplitude of possible responses to whatever you do, but it's pretty clear they never had a truly psychopathic person run through it and add responses to that :D.
Well we tried, but there are like 20 different ways to be psychopathic, and we only had one kill-everybody playthrough of each storyline, very late in development. Also one of them wasn't finished in time for release.
Going back after Midashand landed at the ATC and he will still be in the slums (nice that you can go there instead of killing people though, I didn't thought that an option because killing was the main goal!). Although when you say "later" there his convo repeats instead of going to "ready" and then the options. Also, kill Midashand, then go to the ATC. He's still there in the chopper! (you will still crash in ABI though).
Already been reported and fixed.
also, why no PM if done on level2, you can use the same VO since "down there" can mean down the hall as well as a whole level down?
Actually this is because you only get a PM if Kashue is on another floor from where you are, because otherwise you might shoot somebody when you're standing right next to Kashue, and it'll make no sense that he sends you a PM.
Would it be possible to disable saving during Radish Adventure or when you killed in PDX/Scara? For the less 2 to prevent loss of progress if you happen to save afterwards, in the first case because saving and loading there really doesn't work.
Uhm aren't we already doing that in PDX? I know for a fact we're doing it with Scara. Did you actually try it? Good idea to do it in the Radish Adventure too though.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Jonas wrote:Actually this is because you only get a PM if Kashue is on another floor from where you are, because otherwise you might shoot somebody when you're standing right next to Kashue, and it'll make no sense that he sends you a PM.
But if you shoot someone far away it suddenly turns into combat music. I knew why, but others might be not so knowing ;). Can't there be a radius check added for level 2 (I am not that good in coding). Too far: PM. Close: a Combat VO line?
Uhm aren't we already doing that in PDX? I know for a fact we're doing it with Scara. Did you actually try it? Good idea to do it in the Radish Adventure too though.
Well, haven't actually checked for Scara, but I could save just fine during PDX slaughtering (level 2).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Can't there be a radius check added for level 2 (I am not that good in coding). Too far: PM. Close: a Combat VO line?
Uh... possibly, but it's probably way more work than it's worth.
Well, haven't actually checked for Scara, but I could save just fine during PDX slaughtering (level 2).
Okay well that's a fairly bad bug then, I'll make sure it's fixed in time for 1.0.2. And FYI, saving is disabled properly for Scara. I checked.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
odawali
UNATCO

Post by odawali »

Hassat Hunter wrote:
odawali wrote:
  • BTW it took a couple of tries but I managed to save Ricemanu without him turning hostile. I exited through the attic immediately used playersonly (basically freezes time)
And now without cheating ;).
Ummm this is a bug report thread. The point was to confirm Rice can stay friendly, and I provided a means for others to replicate it in fewer trials.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

He can stay friendly "if you cheat" (which pretty much makes it pointless in a bugreport kind of way.)
Unless you of course mean he stayed friendly in a non-cheatway, telling us it's possible and then provide with a mean to pass this nasty bug (like offering killall TNMDoberman to folks)?
irenicus
Thug

Post by irenicus »

Jonas wrote:Okay well that's a fairly bad bug then, I'll make sure it's fixed in time for 1.0.2. And FYI, saving is disabled properly for Scara. I checked.
Sounds like we cannot expect 1.0.2 to be released today?! :? *mewls to arouse pity*
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

No, we uh... have something secret going on that may or may not pan out, but we need a few extra days to arrange things.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Duke Floss
UNATCO

Post by Duke Floss »

cool, hope whatever it is pans out for you guys - take your time!
http://www.heavyjack.com - Quality Programming ~ Entertainment, News, Reviews, Games and Sports TV with an emphasis on the HEAVY JACK.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Duke Floss wrote:cool, hope whatever it is pans out for you guys - take your time!
It's not the most amazing thing ever, but it's fairly neat, anyway. We've actually just been mailed what we needed, so the patch may yet be out today, I'm just working on making the patch compatible with both 1.0.0 AND 1.0.1, which should make things simpler for people.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Trestkon wrote:I'm just working on making the patch compatible with both 1.0.0 AND 1.0.1, which should make things simpler for people.
And a hundred times harder for you ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
irenicus
Thug

Post by irenicus »

Oh, hmm... that does indeed sound nicely!
Unfortunately i run out on distractions to keep me a away from starting my second playtrough before the patch is out...damnit!

Uh, but i've a bug for ya: There is probably no "Thursday, Apr 18" in the year 2009, concerning your newsposts!
(2013 turns out to be the next one ;))
*nervingmodusoff*
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

irenicus wrote:Uh, but i've a bug for ya: There is probably no "Thursday, Apr 18" in the year 2009, concerning your newsposts!
(2013 turns out to be the next one ;))
*nervingmodusoff*
Huh?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

you can calculate exactly which dates will be which days.

And apparently april 18 won't be a thursday till 2013.

So there.