Obey me, dammit!

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
loony636
UNATCO

Obey me, dammit!

Post by loony636 »

I'm currently suffering from a really frustrating problem in TNM. I'm on the mission where you have to go into the basement of World Corp to save or kill the dragon. I saved the game just before deciding which side to align myself with, but when I reloaded the save game (after dying miserably) the dragon decided to completely disobey my instruction to wait and instead ran to the exit. Even if I talk to him and specifically give him a command, he wont obey it. The result being that pretty much no matter what I do, he dies (and since I want him to live, its rather annoying).

Is there some sort of command that I could enter into the console to stop him from moving? Or to kill everyone else on the map so he could just walk out? I would normally just go back to a previous save, but I'd prefer not to, as the last one is just at the beginning of the game.

Another, much more minor issue, is that for some reason, every time I save (even at the very beginning of the game), the save game icon has the watermark 'cheat used' visible. I can't work out why on earth its there, but I'm not too fussed about it. If someone has any idea why its happening, that would be good.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Obey me, dammit!

Post by Jonas »

You could try the command "killall wcsecurity" to take care of the guards.

As for the cheats, open your TNM shortcut and delete -hax0r from the destination.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Daggsy
NSF

Post by Daggsy »

I was wondering about that. When you get to the point where there's a final release, would that be default to off on install? It makes it seem like a test version with cheats defaulting on. Suggests that you'll need them to fix stuff and so on.
Ignore anything I just said, I got killed by a foldaway counter in a Downtown coffee shop.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Probably.

To be honest we just forgot to remove it when we released. It wasn't worth delaying over.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
loony636
UNATCO

Post by loony636 »

Thanks for the help Jonas; it worked like a charm :).