Crash in Space

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
sc4rf4ce
Mole Person

Crash in Space

Post by sc4rf4ce »

Im in the GameSpy Space Station level 2 admin areaandI get this error. I only use quicksave and quickload so i do not have any other saves to get around this error. Once i load the save , the game freezes 3 seconds later. i tried the new patch but i didnt work.

alien 24_SpaceStation01.Alien10 (State TNM.TNMPawn.Patrolling:0116) Runaway loop detected ( over 10000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize <-AActor::PRocessState <-Object_alien 24)SpaceStation01.Alien10, Old State TNM.TNMPawn.Patrolling, New State State TNM.TNMPawn.Patrolling <- AActor::Tick <-AScriptedPawn::Tick <-TickAllActors <-Ulevel::Tick <-(NetMode=0) <- Ticklevel <-UgameEngine::Tick <- XGameEngineExt::Tick <-UpdateWorld <-MainLoop
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Re: Crash in Space

Post by that guy »

This is more than likely a mapping issue as such fixing it isn't going to help you at all with your save. For any future playthrough's I recommend periodically using a proper save since this isn't the only time this bug has cropped up and its difficult to get around. For your more immediate situation I'm not sure if Jonas has any ideas how to get around the map. Worst case scenario if no one's come up with a fix in a couple of days I can send you a modified player class which explicitly removes the alien causing the problem.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

Actually the MassBan cheat should get rid of the offending alien (though it will get rid of all other non-immortal npcs as well)
NatVac
Thug

Post by NatVac »

"MassBan"? How apropos in this virtual forum world!

How about pausing the troublesome save immediately upon loading it, then bring up the command console and using "killall alien" first? Would that work just to eliminate the specific kind of alien on the level? The name "alien" might need changing.

Edit: Say, can you specify a specific entity as the killall command parameter? E.g., something like "killall 24_SpaceStation01.Alien10"?
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I was unaware of the killall cheat. "killall alien" should work nicely.
sc4rf4ce
Mole Person

Post by sc4rf4ce »

thanks, im going to try that when i get home.
sc4rf4ce
Mole Person

Post by sc4rf4ce »

worked like a charm. thanks for the help