Ok so now I'm getting graphical blips and errors when I play

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Dr.Who
Thug

Ok so now I'm getting graphical blips and errors when I play

Post by Dr.Who »

So now whenever I start up little slabs of the screen start turning different colors. My game also freezes up about every 10 seconds (even sooner if I'm not on the start-up screen). I've already deleted the patch and the same thing happens. Re-installed the entire game and the same thing happens. Should I try to re-install Deus Ex entirely or is there an easier fix?

Edit: Ok I went and re-installed Deus Ex entirely and it made it even worse. It took me 15 minutes of vigilant waiting and watching just to shut down the game without having to emergency shut-down my computer.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Re: Ok so now I'm getting graphical blips and errors when I play

Post by that guy »

sounds to me like there might be something wrong with your computer =/. How does vanilla deus ex hold up?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

And have you tried using another renderer?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Dr.Who
Thug

Post by Dr.Who »

Yeah Vanilla DX is still doing the freezing thing, but no graphical errors. The disc's also scalding hot after about 2 minutes of running. Ah well this computers about 12 years old anyways with the last hardware update about 6 years ago so it's ran a good course. I do remember hearing a loud pop while playing TNM a few days ago, but then the errors only showed up about 2 days after.