.exe installer from Fileshack shows up as unrecognized file.

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Paul1290
NSF

.exe installer from Fileshack shows up as unrecognized file.

Post by Paul1290 »

I tried to download the .exe installer from Fileshack but it doesn't show up as a .exe, it shows up as an unrecognized file type. I tried it twice and got the same result.

The one from Filefront does show up as an .exe however.

Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me? I assume the files are supposed to be the same.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: .exe installer from Fileshack shows up as unrecognized file.

Post by Trestkon »

Hrm, that doesn't sound good, what's the filesize of the non-working one?
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Paul1290
NSF

Post by Paul1290 »

Trestkon wrote:Hrm, that doesn't sound good, what's the filesize of the non-working one?
922 MB.

Same size as the .exe except its not an .exe.

It can be opened in 7-zip though and it seems to have what looks like the appropriate files and such, but it can't install.

If I download it from Filefront or elsewhere it works fine, it's only the one from Fileshack that's like this.

Perhaps you might have uploaded an incomplete one by mistake.

EDIT:
The patch from Fileshack has the same problem, it's not an .exe and it shows up as a wierd file type (1PATCH[1] File). It's the same size as the working one.

Again like the installer it's just the one from Fileshack, the ones on the other mirrors seem to work fine.
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

Are you sure they just havn't placed it in a RAR/Zip?
Paul1290
NSF

Post by Paul1290 »

stucuk wrote:Are you sure they just havn't placed it in a RAR/Zip?
No, when I open the file in 7-zip it seems to contain the same files as the working .exe, except it's not an .exe that can be run and it can't install, at least not on its own.

Same with the patch, it contains the same files as the working .exe, but again it's not an .exe that can be run.

Again, it's only the ones from Fileshack, the installer and the patch from other mirrors work as intended.

I already have the mod working after downloading the installers from elsewhere.

I still have the non-working files from Fileshack so I can send them to you in case you want to see them, though like I said there's not much to see, it basically shows up as an unknown file type but contains all the same files as the working installer.
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

What is the actual extention of the file(Not what type of file windows is saying it is but the actual extention)?