Cheats on by default - and I want them off

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Arnaud G. Vasquez
Thug

Cheats on by default - and I want them off

Post by Arnaud G. Vasquez »

Uh, this is new. It's only happening in TNM, not vanilla DX. Cheats are on by default. I can turn them off by typing the expected "set trestkon bcheatsenabled false" - but - is there a line in the TNM .ini file that can revert them to default off? I ask because I don't like tampering with the .ini file without knowing what I'm doing. Anyhow, it's not gamebreaking...just...troublesome.
I'm pretty confident in everything from the neck up.
Jcelios
MJ12

Re: Cheats on by default - and I want them off

Post by Jcelios »

remove -hax0r from the TNM shortcut
Arnaud G. Vasquez
Thug

-hax0r isn't in the TNM shortcut command line. It isn't anywhere that I can find, either, in any DX or TNM file command line.
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

Unless you already removed it yourself it should be there, it is by default. And it's what causes cheats to be on by default.

Right click on TNM shortcut
choose Properties
go to the Shortcut tab
look under Target:
you should find it there among a bunch of other stuff

edit: there is a whole bunch of stuff there so make sure you look at everything (scroll back)
Arnaud G. Vasquez
Thug

...then I had a very unusual case, for there was nothing in the target line beyond C:\DeusEx\System\TNM.exe.

That also might explain a few other...well...mysteries I'd been experiencing. I couldn't be arsed to dig any farther...so...I wiped both DX and TNM and reinstalled them. *Now* the target line has -hax0r and all of the other text. Hm. Well, thanks for the information in any case. This PC is relatively new and wonky with older games anyway. I've patched the game and am hoping for clear skies ahead. Thanks again.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Arnaud G. Vasquez wrote:...then I had a very unusual case, for there was nothing in the target line beyond C:\DeusEx\System\TNM.exe.
:shock:

That shortcut wouldn't even launch TNM, it'd launch plain old Deus Ex.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Arnaud G. Vasquez
Thug

...then...what in Helios' name did I do. o_O

Maybe I was hallucinating. But...but the target line really was how I described it.

My DVD install was a bit jittery in any case; the launcher wouldn't let me install TNM (instead it was indicating that I needed to uninstall TNM, an impossibility given that I never had the game in the first place). I had to reach around quite a bit to get TNM off the DVD and onto the hard drive. I will chalk this and other peculiarities up to the very recent building of this computer and a very confused .dll package - and resume playing, and praying, at well.