April fools

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

April fools

Post by Jonas »

The Nameless Mod 1.0.2 Patch

Patch 1.0.2 is ready for download! Here are the patch notes:

As before, be warned that these notes do contain spoilers.
- Removed the 10mm pistol from the game as it was overpowered.
- The Cloak aug now only affects board guests (still good for avoiding their stupid questions).
- Fixed a bug that was preventing all weapons from degrading realistically with use.
- Using fists against armored opponents and level geometry now causes damage to the player.
- Made all named characters invulnerable because their deaths were causing game logic glitches.
- Increased the rate of damage ShadowCode causes to players while in their head to allow only fifteen seconds for players to find a computer console.
- Grenade climbing or crate stacking now triggers Scara's non-standard game over sequence.
- Scara's non-standard game-over now deletes all your savegames to emphasize the meta aspect.
- Removed Sol's Bar from the game because of AI problems.
- Fixed Krissy's dialogue so her romance subplot triggers properly in the PDX storyline.
- Added mandatory jumping puzzle along Downtown canals before players can get a subway pass (to test Trestkon's dexterity).
- Fixed bug where fire extinguisher would extinguish the player if he was on fire. Now it only works on allied NPCs as it was supposed to.
- Added 2 more voodoo portals to each district, though they currently dump you back to the menu map due to warpzone issues (may be fixed in 1.0.3).
- Halved the damage caused by Alpha's Service pistol to resolve balance issues.
- Implemented critical wounds that cause bleeding (1 hp/sec) and can only be healed by visiting a medbot.
- To fix persistent pathing crashes in ABI, all enemies will now stand still, even if you attack them.
- Tripled the number of mini-aliens in the final mission, and gave their blasts the same effect as plasma rifle shots, for more a balanced difficulty.
- Added Burden of 80 Proof as a PC game on certain terminals. To get back to TNM, play up until the shop owner asks you to beta test his game, which will be TNM.
- Quadrupled the duration of a lollerskate charge.
- Removed dialogue paths that allowed players to prematurely cut off conversations with Chris the Cynic (happy now, Chris?)
- Crystal Melk now heals you fully and makes you invulnerable for 20 minutes if you're allied to the Goats. If you're Llama-aligned, it will kill you instantly.
- Added a Crystal Melk vending machine in the Goat Templae (100 credits per vial).
- Replaced the hoverbot zappers with flamethrowers and gave them a cloaking ability (don't remember why).
- Changed something in PDX HQ, but I'll be damned if I can remember what. The map is 1 mb smaller now though.
- Fixed AI error which caused patrolling firewalls to not be hostile if player is allied with WorldCorp.
- Fixed the GameSpy ending which is unlocked on your 50th playthrough.
- Replaced the fake BSP holes in DXI with real BSP holes. They now block access to half the map and kill you randomly for added realism.
- Restored cut content; now every character in the game will comment on your smell for the rest of the game if you use the sewers.
- Added "Format C" option to all computer consoles in Forum City. We'll make it more clear that this relates to YOUR computer in patch 1.0.3.
- Implemented the Benny Hill theme on all stereos. It doesn't disable itself properly yet, even between maps, but that will be fixed in 1.0.3.
- Tweaked the credits list to move 150% slower and added Jonas's name in 4 other places.
- Fixed flag which prevented the "Jonas Haunting" scenario from triggering correctly. Now if you kill Jonas his disembodied voice will start to send you random annoying PM's and alert nearby enemies to your presence, distrupting your carefully laid stealthing plans.
- Tweaked the AI of all PDX-aligned characters so they'll always know where you are all the time since they have access to the user database.
- Implemented random chance of Kylie, Ghand, or SymGeosis attacking you to simulate their mental instability.
- Replaced medkits with new radish models.
- Flooded the Slum district with water to make the Aqualung augmentation more useful.
- Changed lighting settings in ABI so that the entire level takes place at night, for better compatibility with players using ENBSeries.
- Fixed a script bug that was preventing Narcissus from sending you PMs every 15 minutes notifying you that you are only playing a game.
- Must now combine a dirty rag with chemicals and alcohol to create molotov cocktails. Rags can be looted from the corpses of bums and board guests.
- Fixed the remaining quickload crashes by replacing the quicksave function with 3 save checkpoints: Before and after DXI and before ABI.
- Due to complaints from his namesake, "King Kashue" will now be named "Bob Johnson". Gelo (who originally did the voice of Pimp Jojo) graciously agreed to step in and re-record all of Kashue's lines to reflect the name change.
- Disabled the player's legs automatically to increase gameplay time.
- At the request of certain users, the assault gun now deals 10 damage per shot instead of 3, and the 20mm grenades only deal 5 damage in a small radius.
- Increased the stack size of LAWs to 7.
- Finally managed to fix all of the times Scara mispronounced Trestkon's name.
- Got Phasmatis's animations for Beeblequix's interpretive dance to work properly.
- Fixed the easter egg counter persisting between savegames (dunno how that happened!)
- Implemented the big red quest arrow from BioShock at the top of the screen to avoid confusion.
- Decreased the friction on the player's movement and made all weapons default to 100% accuracy to make the combat more fun.
- We were unable to fix all the desktop crashes caused by the DXOgg player, but as a quick solution, we've converted all tracks into 8-bit midi files. This also decreases the size of the install by 200 mb.
Note: This patch is incompatible with earlier versions of TNM so you'll need to start any playthroughs you're in the process of completing over from scratch :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Zyme

Re: Patch 1.0.2

Post by Zyme »

I was reading through some of it and was like... "uhh... I don't think I want this version..." lol.
stucuk
NSF

Post by stucuk »

LOL, clever. You had me going for the first lot.

[quote]Flooded the Slum district with water to make the Aqualung augmentation more useful.[/quote]

Thats the best one. Made me LMFAO.
Patrick
Thug

Post by Patrick »

Well played, good sir. I got passive-agressive door closing from the flatmate because I was laughing so hard!
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

I figured it out by like the fourth one i think. However, a nice romance subplot woulda been cool.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
terthos
Thug

Post by terthos »

Very, very clever!! Actually, I thought the Crystal Melk idea was kinda cool!!!
Baleout
Thug

Post by Baleout »

You had me until Scara deleting all savegames. The weird thing is I came here looking for something April Foolsy, and immediately forgot when I saw this topic.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Lol, took me a couple to realise what was going on.
This should definitely be implemented:
Added Burden of 80 Proof as a PC game on certain terminals. To get back to TNM, play up until the shop owner asks you to beta test his game, which will be TNM.
I like the yearly April Fool TNM jokes
- 2007 - demo of 1st level
- 2008 - name change
- 2009 - this
Were there any others before ?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I don't even remember which ones we've done. Lawrence may, though, as he's been involved in all of them (except this one, which was written by Gelo and I).
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

I'd already downloaded and installed it before I twigged.

Now I have no savegames. :cry:
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Your savegames are a small sacrifice to further the Art of the Game.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
BoneofMalkav
Thug

Post by BoneofMalkav »

OMG JONAS DIS IS B3ST P@TCH EVAR!!!!!!1111oneoneoneoneoneoenoeneoneoneoneone :lol:
Existence is overshadowing.Severance is forbearing. Difference is continuous. Self Destruction is imminent. Pain brings dreams to closure. Death brings Life to those unchanged by the Hues of Madness
Javelin
Thug

Post by Javelin »

How does that song go..."You got me go'en"
It's not even April 1st yet here!!!

Good one :roll:
Arnaud G. Vasquez
Thug

Post by Arnaud G. Vasquez »

Easily my favorite:
Changed something in PDX HQ, but I'll be damned if I can remember what. The map is 1 mb smaller now though.
The Slum one was also excellent.

However, I still can't get on the boat. >=/ wth
I'm pretty confident in everything from the neck up.
TownWithoutJustice
Mole Person

Post by TownWithoutJustice »

we've converted all tracks into 8-bit midi files
Why not?!
"if you can read this, you don't need glasses"