Patch 1.0.2

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
heliosentity101
UNATCO

Re: Patch 1.0.2

Post by heliosentity101 »

Me Too ! god it was one helluva challenge gettin out of there let me tell you !

wearing pissed vision is not good ! :(
I eat green beret's for breakfast ! and right now I'M VERY HUNGRY !! acolor]
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

bobby 55 wrote:It happens when you are about three quarters of the way to the door and as soon as KK finishes PMing you, transition straight away.
Tried that, did not work.
Loading HTTP save, new game, worked, while ignoring your "cause"
New game, once again got the PM.
Exited, new game. No PM. Saved, loaded HTTP, loaded made save. No PM. So it's definitely not kept through saves, but only when starting a new game (so if it CAN be reset by triggers...?)
Loaded HTTP, quit, started TNM, new game. No PM. Doesn't seem to keep logged when closing the game, so no idea how first time players can possible get it.
Loaded HTTP, started endsequence, new game, got PM. So it's kept after the endcredits.
Died, main menu, new game, no PM. So it's not kept after dying though.

That was enough for me for that time :P.

Another bug:
* Even though the Firewall will complain if you knock down a N00Bz member, it is definitely possible to get the reward if you knock any of them down, killing is not required. Also (wasn't this mentioned before? Not in the fixlog) handing over Master_Kale's knocked down body and getting a reward, then killing him off somewhere privately (infront of them kind of makes them hostile) and then talk will net another reward. Easy 1000 credits... and thus PM from KK.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

yep it's a strange one. I could try it a few more times myself since saves isn't a factor won't post results of a discussion we had earlier but lots of fun watching two ladies with speed aug duking it out.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
grueti
Mole Person

Post by grueti »

Hi,

recently I discovered something weird. I was in the ABI underground in the cathedral/church on my PDX run.
I met there zeropresence the second time(in DXI I just knocked him out :-)).

He also had some wc guys with him. I throw a gasgrenade and then used the blowpipe on
zero and the guys.

And now my problem: zero and some of the guys were killed by that. one or tow guys were just knocked out(I wanted to just ko them all espacially zero).

Is this normal or a bug?

I mean that the gasgrenade or the blowpipe were apparently lethal?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Welcome to the forums. I should leave this to the experts. Unconscious people are really fragile in this game.Especially it seems with gas grenades.I don't think it's a bug but more to do with the unreal engine.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Nah it's not the engine it's a bug in our code related to an odd quirk in the Deus Ex damage system. What version of the game are you playing? Did you patch to 1.0.2?

Either way, it should be fixed in 1.0.3.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
grueti
Mole Person

Post by grueti »

yeah i played on 1.0.2.

Another thing: I have no blood under dead bodys.

When i pick up a dead body and throw him on the ground there comes no blood out of him. But the people can still explode and their parts fly through the air. And blood will show up when I hack them with a knife or with a sword.

Can I remove this bug with a reinstallation of Deus Ex and TNM?

Which files do I have to save to keep the radish adventure and the bullet time?
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

grueti wrote: Which files do I have to save to keep the radish adventure and the bullet time?
Choose to keep your saves, and I believe the ini file containing those two is also spared.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Whiplash
Thug

Post by Whiplash »

I had a similar problem in DXI, I tried to knock out Zero with a gas grenade and tranq darts, the darts knocked him out but in the gas field he dies in a couple of seconds afterwards.
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

Sorry about taking so long to return to this thread. I fouled up on the apps and drivers install on the new rig. Had to redo everything from scratch. Instant loose 5 days work.

Completed the install of DX, DX patch, DX SDK, HDTP demo, TNM, and TNM patch 1.0.2 for doing the testing on the early Scara PM problem. DX installed same as on my notebook, where I first turned up the bug.
On the new rig with a totally fresh install, I could not get the PM to play early at all. Even tried Bobby's ideas of timing the level transition, no dice.

Jenifur Charne
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Try it with loading an older save with 1500+ credits, and starting a new game.
Fresh install takes away all the weird factors that can cause it (like aug can's :P), and then we may get some confirmation from more sources.

As for Whiplash, the Gas Grenade killing seems to be on the 1.0.3 patchlog (aside with something called knockout headdamge, whut?).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hassat Hunter wrote:knockout headdamge
Headstun = rice bags.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

So you could kill unconscious people by shooting their heads (or just anything?) with ricebags? That's pretty funny :).
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

This is driving me crazy gang. I tried a few more times but no dice . I did a qick save with 2000 credits and started again.and got Scara's first PM in the lift, got to the hallway and then got KK's.His PM started and if i had kept going i would have transitioned before it had finished. I waited until he had finished talking but before the PM received message had left the screen. Bingo, i got Scara's PM before Phas's again.I'm definately not cut out to be a tester :(
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Try it with loading an older save with 1500+ credits, and starting a new game.
Fresh install takes away all the weird factors that can cause it (like aug can's :P), and then we may get some confirmation from more sources.
Did the lifetime earnings carryover test on my notebook, where I do have saves with 1500+ credits. The Scara subway PM played early when I started a new game after loading one of those saves, without closing and restarting TNM.

Tested the lifetime earnings carryover on the new rig, by using the cash cheats and then generating a save point in Phas's apartment. Closed TNM then restarted it and loaded that save, then started a new game without closing and restarting TNM again, and the Scara subway PM played early.

Jenifur Charne