Athena assassination quest doesn't work

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
3_of_8
Mole Person

Athena assassination quest doesn't work

Post by 3_of_8 »

Hello,
I've been playing TNM for some time now and, apart from the hourly crashes, it's just great, I'd even say it's better than the original Deus Ex - Deus Ex even seems completely linear in comparison.

Anyway, I've got a problem with Beefman's quest about killing Athena. I went into the Goat temple, knocked everyone out and then turned the four valves while she was running about burning. (I threw a molotov cocktail at her to keep her busy)

Then I went back to Beefman to get my reward but he acted as though I hadn't done anything - he basically told me to move my arse out of the temple and stop annoying him.

I guess it's because of some flag that wasn't set for some reason. Which flag might that be? I'd like to set it manually to get my reward.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Athena assassination quest doesn't work

Post by Jonas »

Have you been sure to patch the game to version 1.0.2?

If not, you'll have to set the flag Athena_Dead manually with the Legend menu :smile:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
3_of_8
Mole Person

Post by 3_of_8 »

Huh, I thought I'd downloaded the most recent version just a few days ago... Anyway, no, I think I still have version 1.0.0 or something.

Anyway, there already is a flag called "Athena_Fight_Dead", which is true. I created "Athena_Dead", set to true, too, just in case, but it doesn't really do anything. Beefman still doesn't give me my reward.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Bad news is you'll probably have to set it while in the Goat Templae.

Good news is you can travel there with cheats and then back. Use the travel interface in the legend menu :)

Your destination is 22_GoatTemplae. When you arrive, your goal should update. Then travel back to 22_LlamaTemple the same way.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Urthor
Mole Person

Post by Urthor »

Could you post that as step by step commands for the console please
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Okay well you've already set Athena_Dead to true, so all you need to do is:

travel 22_goattemplae

when you arrive, your goal will auto-update and you'll get some skillpoints. Then type:

travel 22_llamatemple

And talk to Beefman. Done :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine