DXE guards are imune to non-lethal damage

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
deuxhero
UNATCO

DXE guards are imune to non-lethal damage

Post by deuxhero »

Rice bags didn't seem to work (and they worked just fine on the WC goons, minus their precognitive ability to see one fired at the back of their head) , so I used invisibility 1 and fired a few dozen at them from every possible angle, no results.Then I hit them in the back of the head a good number of times, blood came out of them, but they didn't get KOed. I then phasroxsed a baton in, same as the fists (with no blood). To check if they were entily immortal I pulled out ZP's rifle and shot one in the head, he survived (!), then I shot him again and he died.

My rifle was maxed, while fists and low tech were untrained.

I cheated in a TNM prod and it works though.
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Re: DXE guards are imune to non-lethal damage

Post by JeniSkunk »

deuxhero wrote:Rice bags didn't seem to work (and they worked just fine on the WC goons, minus their precognitive ability to see one fired at the back of their head) , so I used invisibility 1 and fired a few dozen at them from every possible angle, no results.Then I hit them in the back of the head a good number of times, blood came out of them, but they didn't get KOed. I then phasroxsed a baton in, same as the fists (with no blood). To check if they were entily immortal I pulled out ZP's rifle and shot one in the head, he survived (!), then I shot him again and he died.

My rifle was maxed, while fists and low tech were untrained.

I cheated in a TNM prod and it works though.
Which WC goons?
The regular ones with the caps, or the commandos?
The WC commandos wear helmets, same as the Cerulean Security guards used by DXE in their basement.

Jenifur Charne
deuxhero
UNATCO

Post by deuxhero »

The ones in day 2 slums (though none wore helmets)

And I don't think a helemt renders you immune to being hit in the back of the head 20 times.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Well, I never did the DXE mission without knocking down EVERY single guard, either by fists, stun prod, crossbow or blowpipe. No problems. Also worked fine with the PHAT-Rifle (although I did that back in 1.0.1).

Are you using any other mods (shifter etc.)? Also, what's the NPC Health-difficulty you play on. Might be the highest difficulty posses problem with the insta-knock PHAT-Rifle, even if it seems unlikely...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
deuxhero
UNATCO

Post by deuxhero »

Nope, no other mods.

I forget, but it is one of the default difficulties (I think the highest or second highest one) but I don't see how that stops 20 to the head from KOing.
Bulzeeb
Thug

Post by Bulzeeb »

No, the guards aren't immune to all non-lethal damage, only in the head (and poison and stun still work anyway), because they're helmeted as Wolfy mentions, which Trestkon replies to "Damn, it'll be hard to knock them out then" or something to that effect. Of course wearing a helmet is going to protect them against rice bags, no matter how many you fire. I don't see why you would aim for the head with any weapon aside from the rice bag launcher since the back is a better target for every other non-lethal weapon.
"In the end? Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends."
Skilgannon
UNATCO

Post by Skilgannon »

Bulzeeb wrote:No, the guards aren't immune to all non-lethal damage, only in the head (and poison and stun still work anyway), because they're helmeted as Wolfy mentions, which Trestkon replies to "Damn, it'll be hard to knock them out then" or something to that effect. Of course wearing a helmet is going to protect them against rice bags, no matter how many you fire. I don't see why you would aim for the head with any weapon aside from the rice bag launcher since the back is a better target for every other non-lethal weapon.
Right above the arse is also very good for some reason. As Jonas has pointed out before. :P
Life is a series of random events designed to strip you of your sanity.

Bulzeeb
Thug

Post by Bulzeeb »

I meant the general area. I guess I should have specified "lower back" because that's about the center of the hitspot.
"In the end? Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends."