Massive Graphical Flickering

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
isaokronos
Mole Person

Massive Graphical Flickering

Post by isaokronos »

Tried to play TNM, as soon as I got outside of the apartment I can see models/textures/whatevers flickering on and off. Stops when I get into a new area such as the bar, but when I go back out it begins again.

I have tried switching between OpenGL and D3D and even got those DLLs from that chris or whatever dude's site. Still flickering.

Any suggestions?
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Re: Massive Graphical Flickering

Post by justanotherfan »

Which Windows OS? Videocard? Video driver version?

You could try a clean install, since you couldn't have gotten far in the game with that issue. If you have no Deus Ex savegames, delete C:\DeusEx, reinstall, update to the latest patch, run Deus Ex and quit, install TNM, and update to the latest patch 1.0.2.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

When you switch renderer, are you sure you edit the right ini? There's one in DeusEx\System and another one in DeusEx\TNM\System, you'll be wanting to edit the latter.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
isaokronos
Mole Person

Post by isaokronos »

I was editing the one in TNM\System.

os: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition - Service Pack 3 (5.1.2600)
cpu: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz (x86) at 2394MHz
gfx: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 256MB
ram: 1023MB

I'll probably try reinstalling, especially since the last time I tried to get TNM working I re-enabled hyperthreading.
isaokronos
Mole Person

Post by isaokronos »

It seems that reinstalling DeusEx/TNM and pointing the renderer to D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice made it work. Of course, that was with 16 bit textures or whatever. Gonna try it in a bit with 32 to see if I can get bits that high without triggering the glitches.

After that, maybe I'll install New Vision.