Please help: permanent Lollerskates!

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Bushwacka
Thug

Please help: permanent Lollerskates!

Post by Bushwacka »

Hi guys. I'm really enjoying the mod thus far but unfortunately I've gotten myself into a pickle and I've no idea how to solve the problem!

Basically I was using the Lollerskates whilst passing through a map transition (the portal from Goat City to Downtown). In Downtown the skates ran out of juice as normal and I returned to normal speed. However when I went back to Goat City later I found myself back in Lollerskate Speed despite not even having them anymore. Now I seem to be permanently stuck in Lollerskate Speed, no matter how many map changes or saved game loads I go through. Using Fly or Ghost Mode allows me to travel at normal speed but I'm unable to interact with any buttons/switches etc whilst in these modes, and as soon as I go back to Walk the Lollerskate Speed returns again.

To make matters worse I saved my game after the skates ran out in Downtown, and also decided to delete off my older save games in order to clear up the clutter. So unfortunately I don't even have an older save that I can revert back to.

Seems as though I've really bodged things up here! A long-shot idea I have is if I can find another pair of Lollerskates and use them, then maybe when they run out it might trick the game into returning normal speed - no idea if that would work but it's all I can think of right now. But I don't know of any console code to summom a pair.

Please, any suggestions anybody has on how to possibly solve this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. :smile:
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Please help: permanent Lollerskates!

Post by Jonas »

You really shouldn't be playing an outdated version of the mod (this was fixed in patch 1.0.2), but you can fix it by typing stopskates in Goat City :smile:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Bushwacka
Thug

Post by Bushwacka »

Aha! Yep that worked a treat, everything's back to normal now. My sincerest thanks, Jonas - I really appreciate the bail there. Buy yourself something pretty! :smile:

Regarding the version I'm playing: I installed the very first patch you guys did (the one brought out only a few days after the mod's initial release) before starting my first playthrough. I would patch up again, but I'd heard that doing so may mess up your existing save games, so I'm reluctant to do so because I really don't want to lose my progress thus far and have to start from the beginning again.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Oh okay, yeah better not patch until you're done then. Though you can safely do so here:
  • Just before going to DXI
  • Just before returning from DXI.
  • Just before going to ABI.
  • Just before leaving ABI.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine