Games runs VERY slowly

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Games runs VERY slowly

Post by Jonas »

vecuccio wrote:Thanks for all your help guys, but I gave up on that PC's copy of TNM and instead installed it on my Quad Core (and ported the save game over). It runs lightening fast, and loads levels almost immediately - although Deus Ex doesn't seem to like Vista much as it crashes often.
Did you remember to patch to 1.0.2?
Weird thing. I went to switch off the computers and trap the AI in the last one etc etc, but the first PC I logged into after arriving at the computer complex ticked off the entire quest and said I had defeated the AI and that I should return to base(!) I didn't even upload him to my brain !
:shock:

What computer was that?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JizzyJeff
UNATCO

Post by JizzyJeff »

OMG, everyone uninstall your copy of TNM before ShadowCode hacks us all. He's obviously about to jump the fourth wall.
My name is not Jeff.
vecuccio
Thug

Post by vecuccio »

It was probably caused by me using the FLY cheat to get up to the area where the computers are. I flew up past an elevator platform that was stuck in the up position and jut went from office to office until I came to the first one with a non-standard PC in there, hacked it, and uploaded the bad guy.

If I tried to go back a different way (different to the way I came in to the computer complex) THEN I got infected with the bad guy computer. So I suppose that the sequence of events required the player to enter a certain way so that they got infected, and did not expect them to cheat their way in.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

vecuccio wrote:and did not expect them to cheat their way in.
No shit :/
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

"Cheating WILL break your game, TheRenegadeMaster promises you :D"

(and that's not even cheating, but more using metaknowledge 0_0)
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
vecuccio
Thug

Post by vecuccio »

Yes I know, but DX cheats are so easy to enter that it is easier just to use opensesame rather than ponce around with more than 1 lockpick or toolkit. If I hadn't used cheats I wouldn't have even made it out of the apartment at the start of the game. Those Security Guards drained my leg energy to black the basta*ds ! :lol:

I can't stand the way the Deus Ex AI runs around like it's doing some kind of spastic Riverdance. Or that the weapon sounds are so weedy.

I fixed all my Vista crash problems by installing the new DirectX9 renderer that is linked from Wikipedia. No problems now (cross testicles)
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

I can't stand the way the Deus Ex AI runs around like it's doing some kind of spastic Riverdance.
Never got that. Maybe you should cheat less ;).

Seriously... you can't even handle the security guards at the begin?
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...