Critical Error - Can't start TNM! Why!!!!! =(

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Matoro
Thug

Critical Error - Can't start TNM! Why!!!!! =(

Post by Matoro »

I have a linux computer (Ubuntu, version 9, 32 bit). And I run Deus Ex just fine on Wine, including the multiplayer patch for Deus Ex. But TNM, the other hand, when I was done installing the game and run the game, I got this message (look at pic). I don't get it, and I don't know how to get this fixed. Can anyone tell me what to do to make TNM work on wine? :?
Does it have to do with C++ or something? Because if it does, how do I enable it, to work?

In other problems...
Yeah, Deus Ex works just fine on Wine. But the graphics and resolution are extremely low. That didn't happen to me when I used the same computer, but I had Windows XP before. I got to run Deus Ex in high quality. But when I switch the computer's operating system to linux and played Deus Ex, the graphics were extremely low.
Do I have to enable some kind of...THING - to make Deus Ex graphics run in high quality? :(
Attachments
What I got, after installing it, and after installing patch, and after having Deus Ex CD in my computer. What do I do now?
What I got, after installing it, and after installing patch, and after having Deus Ex CD in my computer. What do I do now?
Matoro
Thug

Re: Critical Error - Can't start TNM! Why!!!!! =(

Post by Matoro »

Ok, I tried downloading that vcredist_x86.exe thing on my linux wine. But I ended up getting the message "Unable to find a volume for file extraction" when clicking on the exe, to install it. Are you sure TNM works for linux? And does anyone else have the same problem as me, the people who runs linux?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

We are sure that TNM works on Linux. We can't provide support for it though, because we don't use Linux. People here do though, hopefully one of them will swing by to help you out. Please sit tight until then.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
PleegWat
NSF

Post by PleegWat »

The installer for that doesn't work. Use winetricks instead. Sorry, I don't have a link to winetricks handy.