TNM installer says I have a wrong version?

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Paul_cz
Mole Person

TNM installer says I have a wrong version?

Post by Paul_cz »

Hi there, first time poster here, registered because I could not find an answer anywhere (I used search function here, do not worry).

I have Deus Ex Anthology retail bought in Czech Republic, it contains Deus Ex 1, Invisible War and Project Snowblind.All three games are patched to latest official versions and contain absolutely no DRM whatsoever (not even a disc check).
Now, when I install Deus Ex 1, it already is a version 1.112fm - it is prepatched.Then I install interface fix (3 little files and one ini edit).And then, when I try to install TNM, first it gives standard message about having to run the game at least once, okay I do that, but then it gives me a second message, saying my version is not 1.112fm and that I have to update it.If I click cancel, installation ends, if I click ok, installation of the patch starts but that installation tells me that I have a wrong version installed (of course, since I already have prepatched 1.112fm!).Then when I cancel patch installation, TNM starts to install and as far as I know, it works OK after that - I tried to play first 10 minutes and it seemed OK.

But since I hate strange thing happening for which I do not have an explanation, I just had to ask here - any idea why TNM says my version is unpatched? Thanks : ).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: TNM installer says I have a wrong version?

Post by Jonas »

Yeah it says that because the installer doesn't recognise your localised version of the game, you should be fine though, I'm fairly sure it won't cause any problems :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Probably because it does not recognize your strange Czech version of the game.
Prepost edit: Damn beaten to it; oh Well, welcome to the forums Paul.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Jonas wrote:Yeah it says that because the installer doesn't recognise your localised version of the game, you should be fine though, I'm fairly sure it won't cause any problems :)
Yep, Jonas is correct, that would be my fault, too :p However, as long as your install was 1112 then you'll be fine :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Paul_cz
Mole Person

Post by Paul_cz »

Thanks for answers : ).

But my czech version is not localized - it is completely in english.But I guess the fact that it has probably some custom installer and patch integrated causes the misidentification...okay then, it should work without problems.

Btw, any tips on ideal DX+TNM installation? Should I get HDTP and New Vision or wait for new versions?
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Paul_cz wrote: Should I get HDTP and New Vision or wait for new versions?
Get em.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Seconded, HDTP and NV are definitely worth it. NV will automatically work with TNM if you follow the normal install instructions for DX, instructions for making HDTP work with TNM are here:

http://www.offtopicproductions.com/foru ... =32&t=1713
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine