Patch 1.0.3

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Felix3322
NSF

Re: Patch 1.0.3

Post by Felix3322 »

Sometime the game does not crash, the sound just gets REALLY BAD! This happened in Deus Ex as well. Normally I just restart the game but I going to try restarting my computer. Thanks for your help.
SGU
Kyran
Thug

Post by Kyran »

I've noticed that the train sound plays horribly, is it just me (well, it sounds like a train sound, near the Goat's entrance, and in the slums)?
Felix3322
NSF

Post by Felix3322 »

I have never herd the "Train sound" But I will certainly go look. I find my game goes WAKO sound wise in Scaras Office. To many electronics I think/
SGU
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Yeah, the Galaxy crashes are pretty random.

Personally I get most of mine (read: my only ones) at the location of Pimp-Jojo on day 2.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Kyran
Thug

Post by Kyran »

Well, it might not be a train sound, it just sounds like it is. :D Erm, I've discovered that the sound effects for turning on and off the televisions are distorted for me as well, and if I turn the tv in the basement of the Party Zone the game crashes (well, a crash dialog appears, but I can still move around with the keyboard). It makes no sense.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I refer you to NatVac's post in the 'game crashes' topic on this forum. Just down a few spaces from this.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

I also had that PartyZone once in 1.0.1 by quicklier turning it on and off than should have been possible to the game. Not sure how that happened.

Anyways, I noticed during my game denouenement that WC-Ryan would show me a burned down Sol and mention ZP not "abiding to work for Trestkon".
Considering these ARE fixed in 1.0.2 another 1.0.1-1.0.3 update issue?

Also, concerning the no talk to A2 at ABI bug; it's because A2 is now fixed to not talk when unconscious. However, the game is never told to untrue the unconscious flag set when disabling him at Abom or Jonas. Oops.

Aside from that some minor bugs like a wrong PM VO for Midashand and Ricemanu opening the gate when dead, but you can read about those in the walkthrough ;).

(and of course Ryan still shows up when dead in the no-Kylie WC endings, and "hidden" and Ryan endings have no lipsync for Trestkon like PDX and WC do.)
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

You can get stuck in training by drinking the replacement wine before the PM is over, never triggering a new PM (and thus wine-spawn).

Ah, darn alcoholics problem :(.
stormbringer_951
Mole Person

Post by stormbringer_951 »

Is there any particular reason patch 1.03 is not on the download page of your main website, TNM devs? Or it's still named 1.02 there...
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

stormbringer_951 wrote:Is there any particular reason patch 1.03 is not on the download page of your main website, TNM devs? Or it's still named 1.02 there...
It is because 1.0.3 is a bit bugged and incredibly unstable when used with previous saves.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Well no, it's because 1.0.3 introduced a big old crash in the critical path around the middle of the game, so we kinda don't want to release that properly. Actually we should put a note about that here.

Hopefully 1.0.4 will be done soon.

[EDIT] Added that note.

Oh and welcome to the board, Stormbringer :giggle:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote:Well no, it's because 1.0.3 introduced a big old crash in the critical path around the middle of the game, so we kinda don't want to release that properly.
Right, as I said, a bit bugged. I mean 1.0.2 is a bit bugged as well what with all those pathfinding crashes and all.
Jonas wrote: Oh and welcome to the board, Stormbringer :giggle:
Damn it, now You're stealing my job as a greeter as well. Competition is getting tough round these parts now. Still; welcome Stormbringer, although I hope your name isn't too literal.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
stormbringer_951
Mole Person

Post by stormbringer_951 »

Hehe. Thanks. I've been hanging around lurking since last year, but haven't been able to get free time to get round to playing TNM till now. Looks great. :). I'm still in the first section and I'm enjoying it. A very Deus-Ex feel to it already.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Because Jonas asked for more bugs for 1.0.4:

* Boxes infront of the DX3 art on day 2.
* If you meet Andreus for the very first time on day 2 you have the option of saying you came to empty your locker. Of course your locker has been completely purged (even the newspaper!) by that point...
* Broken reload animation on the EMP Pistol.
* Goat Inner Sanctum code giving by the Templar is not added to the notes? (or did my cheating just prevented it here?)
* Seems like the "Easter Egg" got removed from the Phasrox menu, how about the stun-gloves "weapon" (those are just your fist, but people could confuse them with the actual working stun gloves under "items")?
* If you got the assassination mission from DT instead of DT/Athena, when returning to him the refusing reward line mismatches what is said (the exact same line at DT/Athena is properly translated, and has the typo I mentioned before fixed in 1.0.3, while just DT doesn't).
* Meeting walton for the first time subtitles fuck on day 2, hell on day 1. Both days use the same VO (hell).

* Also added several to the Walkthrough on the Wiki.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Don't forget this one!

*Made the Shadow Code Permament to balance game play.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.