Patch 1.0.3

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
Zodiac
Thug

Re: Patch 1.0.3

Post by Zodiac »

Aw. I actually have been gone from the forums for a long time (not like I was around much in the first place), and also from the game. I patched to 1.0.3 and now I have the critical path error for that save -_-...I should've finished that playthrough first :(
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Don't worry, the solution is simple: when you've run the .exe, hit Escape immediately, while the ellipsis is still animating. That should prevent the crash.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

I think he's talking about the fatal error with the StatusPatrol.

In that case; no solution but to downgrade :(.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hassat Hunter wrote:* If you got the assassination mission from DT instead of DT/Athena, when returning to him the refusing reward line mismatches what is said (the exact same line at DT/Athena is properly translated, and has the typo I mentioned before fixed in 1.0.3, while just DT doesn't).
Do you mean this one?
For the cause, Trestkon!? Deus Ex is a cyberpunk game. In cyberpunk, neither modesty nor charity pays off. Only greed pays off. You will not be awarded extra skill points for sacrificing your reward. Nor will we be impressed by your modesty and insist on giving you MORE because of it.
If so, thanks - fixed now.

If not, which one do you mean then?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

That one, yes.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Awesome.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

I've just noticed that it is possible to set a flag that expires in mission 21 (WeaponShopAlarmDisabled) in mission 22.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I just reinstalled DX and TNM, could someone specify the 1.0.3 critical crash bug and how to avoid it, preferably in a handy place like the OP or something?
Also ETA on 1.0.4? Or at least a mini-patch fix for that particular crash?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

chris the cynic wrote:I've just noticed that it is possible to set a flag that expires in mission 21 (WeaponShopAlarmDisabled) in mission 22.
Interesting! What, uh, happens then? Does it stick around or does it get insta-deleted? Should be an easy fix, anyway, thanks for reporting.
Jetsetlemming wrote:Also ETA on 1.0.4? Or at least a mini-patch fix for that particular crash?
1.0.4 is a mini-patch fix for that particular crash. And no, not quite yet, but we're getting close.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

I think it gets deleted the moment you leave the weapon shop.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Fixed.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Just started a new game in 1.0.3. Went through the apartments, went to Sol's bar, ended up with nearly every person inside dead except a "female patron" "dave" the "Dude you're getting a dell" guy, and Kylie, and then while I was pushing crates around out back to get to the Jetset stash I got a crash. Only odd thing I can find in the log is
Warning: Type mismatch in Region of GameReplicationInfo: file 10, class 2
Warning: Skipping 6 bytes of type 10
Which appears to have popped up during the downtown map level load, and then
ScriptWarning: tnmMission20 20_FCDowntown.tnmMission1 (Function TNM.tnmMission20and22.AddLevelTag:001C) Accessed array out of bounds (11/11)
Repeated about five times in a row.

About that bar thing, now, I'm not necessarily calling this a bug, but why, when the alarm goes off (I broke into the office by the entrance just to see if I could get away with it- WC playthrough, gonna roleplay WILDCARD), did Kylie decide every single person in the bar but Female Patron, Dave, and Dell Guy were her enemies and murder them all (except me cause I hid behind the bar)? After about three minutes she went back to neutral, went back to her table, and started talking like normal, surrounded by corpses.
Jackie ran out of ammo and tried to bring a knife to a gun fight, so Kylie won. Alpha was cut down shortly after this screenshot was taken.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jetsetlemming wrote:About that bar thing, now, I'm not necessarily calling this a bug, but why, when the alarm goes off (I broke into the office by the entrance just to see if I could get away with it- WC playthrough, gonna roleplay WILDCARD), did Kylie decide every single person in the bar but Female Patron, Dave, and Dell Guy were her enemies and murder them all (except me cause I hid behind the bar)?
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder coupled with advanced sociopathy and a dangerously large arsenal.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
xcomcmdr
Thug

Post by xcomcmdr »

Awesome story and diagnostic! :smile:

It seems to me it's DX' strange friend/foe characters' behaviors popping up again. In a mad killing mood.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Sort of, but we deliberately set Kylie and ZeroPresence up to be unstable and highly dangerous. It's more fun that way, and very in character.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine