TNM OpenGl

Let us help you solve any problems you might have with TNM. This forum should remain spoiler-free - if your problem is spoilery in nature, please post in the forum above.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
Please only use this forum for problems of a technical nature. If you're stuck somewhere in the game, post in the TNM Spoiler Zone forum. If the game crashes, you can't load a savegame, or something just plain isn't working, this is the place to post.
nHook
Mole Person

TNM OpenGl

Post by nHook »

I can run Deus Ex with other renderers including the enhanced opengl. However, TNM displays a black screen and freezes whenever I use opengl as my renderer. TNM works perfectly fine with other renderers but has problems with opengl. I've edited the tnm.ini to make sure that it properly starts up with opengl but same thing happens. A black screen. Even if I leave it running for 10+ minutes in the hope that something happens, nothing does.

I don't understand what could be causing the problem? I've even tried a fresh re-install of Deus Ex, played through it a bit and then installed TNM and the latest patch but the opengl black screen persists.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: TNM OpenGl

Post by bobby 55 »

This may be of no use, however, have you the Deus Ex 1.014 patch. It supports open GL rendering. Since I installed it Deus EX and TNM have caused me no trouble in that area.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

nHook wrote: I don't understand what could be causing the problem?
My openGL doesn't work either, just pick another render, and enjoy :D
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
nHook
Mole Person

Post by nHook »

bobby 55 wrote:This may be of no use, however, have you the Deus Ex 1.014 patch. It supports open GL rendering. Since I installed it Deus EX and TNM have caused me no trouble in that area.
I have the Game of the year version which is already patched at v1.112fm. Would installing 1.014 actually fix it? :?
Jaedar wrote:My openGL doesn't work either, just pick another render, and enjoy :D
Yeah, I figure that's what I am gonna have to do but I am hoping there's a hidden fix somewhere!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Well I've got GOTY pre patched to 1112 and unless it was something else(i'm no Tech wizard) then yep it did.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Is the openGL render any better though?
And welcome to the forums :)
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I could write a book about my experience with render related crashes. The short story is that I was getting weird crashes not related to the usual game ones. After doing some Googling I came across (wish I could remember his name) a guy who was explaining to another that the crashes he was having were due to his render er. It sounded very much the same as was happening to me.
Anyhow he recommended that patch (1.014) and as a result of having a dual core which I also have a dual core optimizer program. Installed both and TNM ran stably except for the usual game bugs. Now with New Vision as well, TNM has never run or looked better.
nHook
Mole Person

Post by nHook »

Took a bit to find the patch since most of the google links were dead, but attempting to install just gives a message that says I can't install if I have 1112. It wants me to revert back to 1002 or something before I can install it which I am reluctant to do without good reason :( I might give it a try.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yes, sorry about that. If I could remember all the steps I took it would help. Unfortunately that was more then ten weeks ago and I can barely remember my name as it is. I might do some googling later today to see if it refreshes the memory . So don't install it yet just in case.

Edit: Huge apology! Apparently that was something I tried(but moved on to something else) but I just tried it and got the same message as you. I will do a search and find what I did to improve my render-er. It may have been NVidia specific.
nHook
Mole Person

Post by nHook »

No worries! I am gonna give it a coupla days and if no solution presents itself, I will just give up and play TNM in ye olde render with somewhat ugly graphics.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Thanks . That's gracious of you really. I will still try and get to the bottom of it. Craft disease.
Can't Remember A Fucking Thing. Again thanks for being big about it.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

bobby 55 wrote:the Deus Ex 1.014 patch.
...?

v1.014?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Kee715 wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:the Deus Ex 1.014 patch.
...?

v1.014?
Supports open gl render-er. google and you will eventually find it.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I recommend getting the Direct3D9 renderer instead:

http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/dxd3d9r11.zip (from this page)

It does much of the same that the enhanced OGL renderer does, and it may work with your video card :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
nHook
Mole Person

Post by nHook »

Thanks for the help everyone. I went with the Direct3D9 render instead of hoping for a fix for the opengl and I gotta say, it's worth it! Played TNM straight for 2 or so hours with a total playtime of around 4 hours. Amazing game. Taking a short break and then gonna play some more. Once again, thanks. :D