So what are YOU working on nowadays in Deus Ex?

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
atrey65789
Thug

Re: So what are YOU working on nowadays in Deus Ex?

Post by atrey65789 »

Me currently? What am I working on?

Flyable Helicopters.... and they work... yeaaaahhh.... and they have weapons..... and a parachute..... and you can jump outta them..... and.... well.... I don't wanna spoil anything... lol
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Sounds cool, can the helicopters be shot down and such?
atrey65789
Thug

Post by atrey65789 »

SilverSpook wrote:Sounds cool, can the helicopters be shot down and such?

Yeah. lol Well, When it is hit with explosive damage, it blows up in mid air, killing the player.... I am trying to make it
to where if the explosive damage isn't that big, but the helicopter's health is at 0 or below, part of the helicopter
explodes, the player has no control, the only option he has is to exit the vehicle with a parachute (Yeah you recieve
a parachute when you enter it), and as the helicopter falls, it is spinning...

Also, the copters currently are invulnerable to regular gun shots because, obviously helicopters are strong and have armor....

If it is hit with electricity, everything in the vehicle will shut down....

The helicopter has two projectile settings... you can set them via default properties... easy... soon I will add ammo amount
so that way there is not infinite ammo.

The only MAJOR problem I am having, is trying to get it to work in MP. The player's root window is not being called in the client.
Do you have an suggestions?
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

AdamJensen wrote:I have been helping the Director of the Hengsha project and we are progressing well.

Many weapons are made and we will be releasing the mod within a few months.

Screenshots of some weapons:
PEPS
Double-Barrel Shotgun
There’s more DXHR weapons in-development but no screenshots of them yet. My friend is also making the HR Sniper.

I have also been waiting for GMDX V3, Terminus Machina, DXNihilum, Revision and all the other great DX mods that are in-development.
Excellent stuff, man! The peps gun looks pretty spot on, good job. I'm going to have to get to trying Hengsha as well.

I'm at present working with the alpha testers for Terminus Machina to make sure that the game is fun, not too easy, not too hard, and that nothing flatlines too often. There's been I think one or two crashes but I suppose that's pretty good for an alpha, so things are going well there. Also working on creating the splash, menu, credits, and all those other necessary bits of propaganda. :)

I've also been working on voicing DXNihilum's "Number One" character, which involves screening a marathon of episodes of "The Prisoner" in order to get my USAnian phonemes all Britishized in order to pull off the proper MI6 senior-spook character. One of the more fun characters to play, for sure.
AdamJensen
NSF

Post by AdamJensen »

Those mods are sure going to be the best of 2013.

In addition, I am modelling (just for fun) some Deus Ex Weapons in Sketchup and I am progressing well.
Sniper: http://postimg.org/image/590l235jh/

The Hengsha RPG server will be up soon. We are just changing the map a little and tweaking some stuff.

I have Atrey's helicopter and you should have a look at it. The view will be change soon.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/54 ... 3e4f1.jpg/
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by AlvinD »

I can hardly make out that helicopter any other views?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Does it stay in first person perspective/cockpit view or does it cut to third person? :P

How is the chopper obtained, do you have to reach a position of power first? as in do some sidequests an level up ? I know it's DX but one of the reasons I like COD/BF MP is because it's an even playing field. Weapons are not spawned in the map and in the case of COD choppers etc are earned by killstreaks, not camping by/rushing to vehicle spawn points.
DX:MP sounds like those that have been playing for a long time dominate newbies through the RPG mechanics. I could be wrong.
If you are going to have RPG elements in MP they should be mostly balanced to the starting equipment and abilities, like COD & BF.
But then again there is WOW which people seem to LOVE. So I dunno. When it comes to multiplayer my opinions do lack some weight.
atrey65789
Thug

Post by atrey65789 »

To answer you Cybernetic Pig, That screenshot of the chopper was in third person view, I made a 3d cockpit Model that I will add, That will be your view. The third-person view was just temporary.
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Excellent! I'd love to see it in the campaign, but that is more a "just because" want, because there is nowhere suitable for it.
Although there is that one spot in GMDX...No. Anyway, that is even if you were willing to let me use the chopper :D

I'll prob be trying HengSha MP at somepoint so I'll look forward to it then! Admittedly i'd prefer an enemy controlled chopper in the campaign as DDentonas suggested a while back, and your work with the player controlled chopper already would cover half of the process of making it enemy controlled. :-k

You fancy going open source with it at some point? :D
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by AlvinD »

Look forward to seeing it!
See?! Who says the community is dead! There's lots going on!
I've been working on my current map (assault) though it has led me to believe that I have not named it yet lol anyone any ideas? I've got more ideas for the second map in the series which I believe to be kick ass :)
SilverSpook
MJ12

Post by SilverSpook »

Call the map... "Hostile Takeover". ;) Keep up the good work man!

RE: enemy flown vehicles... I've got the AI-run drones in Terminus Machina which will attack you when you get spotted by the enemy network's surveillance cameras or if you get your position triangulated by them while connected to the internet. haven't got any flyable vehicles though yet, although I was planning on eventually adding one. One of the methods of escaping a particular area in the game was supposed to be by jamming the enemy control signals, then signal-spoofing the drone, forcing it to land, and then riding on out in the cargo hold of the drone.

Haven't quite gotten to that point yet in the development though :)
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by AlvinD »

Wow really nice idea Spook! Look forward to playing that!
atrey65789
Thug

Post by atrey65789 »

Cybernetic pig wrote:Excellent! I'd love to see it in the campaign, but that is more a "just because" want, because there is nowhere suitable for it.
Although there is that one spot in GMDX...No. Anyway, that is even if you were willing to let me use the chopper :D

I'll prob be trying HengSha MP at somepoint so I'll look forward to it then! Admittedly i'd prefer an enemy controlled chopper in the campaign as DDentonas suggested a while back, and your work with the player controlled chopper already would cover half of the process of making it enemy controlled. :-k

You fancy going open source with it at some point? :D
Thanks! And absolutely, I will let you and anyone use my chopper... And Hengsha RPG was probably wanting to use my chopper, but the thing is it doesn't work in MP lol.

And enemy-controlled choppers? the enemy can go into the chopper and use it? That would truly be amazing to see. But it would be a hard thing to do. You'd have to make another Pawn class so that way they knew what a chopper was and how to use it XD.

And am I going open-source? I am still deciding whether or not I want to.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/29/deus- ... 0&ns_fee=0

Congrats to Fastgamerr for the feature on the PCGamer website. Looking forward to the mod!
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
FastGamerr
MJ12

Post by FastGamerr »

Not gonna lie, probably the greatest achievement in my life thus far ;] Good to know DXN will make much larger impact than TODOA ever could have possibly imagined!