Help With new Sodacan model(milkshape)

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Prototype
Thug

Help With new Sodacan model(milkshape)

Post by Prototype »

hi i have some problems with my sodacan model when i export it from milkshape

the white with the blue is the model in wotgreal if anybody can help or make it exportable then ty
Attachments
SodacanHD.rar
MilkShape Model File
(58.26 KiB) Downloaded 679 times
RedDynasty
Thug

Re: Help With new Sodacan model(milkshape)

Post by RedDynasty »

yeah wotgreal has some problems with models. There is a program that is in Tack's lab( i forgot the name sorry) thats converts the model to make it usable in DX.
Your not a gamer until you played this.

Cant....stop...listening...to.... RedSun......Menu music.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

ms2de!

http://www.planetdeusex.com/tack/TacksD ... hTool.html

I love that "steve tack ms2de" on google returns...just the forum page of me suggesting it. I can use my own previous reference to find my previous reference! Recursiveness is fun.

Of course, now it should return two pages, both being forum pages of me suggesting it, but hey.

Also, why are you remaking the soda can? HDTP soda can not high def enough for you?
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

@OP: Dude, I encourage you to sign up to HDTP. Still plenty of objects that need doing :D
Seems that Daveyboy abandoned ship.

Sorry DDL, i'm your new recruitment agent, and this guy looks like he's got the skills worthy of HDTP. Hope i'm not crossing the line.

Doesn't the base of the object need a texture? I cannot remember if there are any rotated soda cans in the game or if they all stand perfectly straight.
Prototype
Thug

Post by Prototype »

tryt the mesh converter and the meshtool when i extract them back to MS3D i get MS3D file has invalid triagles/groups! do you want to remove those elements? if i click yes the same model shows up like in wotgreal men how anoying can modeling be?

ty for the information idk if anybody can repair the mesh if somebody attempts it goodluck

about joining hdtp idk im allready in hengsa project
Prototype
Thug

Post by Prototype »

ok i been trying and trying

first i tryt the polycount which the original has 20 and mine has 6324 polycount so i made it like 250 polycount because most of the hightest polycount items in deusex are at 250 or tiny bit over but that dident work same problem

i tryt resizing it it made it look a bit more like a sodacan but it realy looks like it fel apart so that dident work

i tryt adding bones no result it does the same thing

i tryt loading the mesh i extracted into milkshape no problem at all but when i compile the mesh into my mod then boom the mesh dies so is there any other way to import meshes into deusex?
DDL

Post by DDL »

I always use 3dsmax and convert using 3ds2de.

Looking in more depth on steve's site, it looks like the milkshape to DX convertery bit of that tool isn't finished (and now, most probably, never will be).

So yeah, either use lightwave (about which I know nothing) or 3dsmax (or at least, something that can export files in .3ds format).
Prototype
Thug

Post by Prototype »

problem i looked at the system requirements on that stuff and this pc has only 512 mb ram so not enough to use those programs but its just wierd i created some meshes a while back with milkshape exported it into .3d files and imported it into deusex and there was no problem at all gues im agian limited with this pc
Prototype
Thug

Post by Prototype »

i found the 3ds file format export on milkshape XD so hope people with autodesk can help me out now
Attachments
SodaCanHD3DS.rar
.3ds file format
(7.07 KiB) Downloaded 624 times
atrey65789
Thug

Post by atrey65789 »

What you can do, is name the object with 01 at the end...export as Autodesk 3DS, then use 3ds2de to convert it... then try it.
Prototype
Thug

Post by Prototype »

ty for the help guys 3ds2de worked but problem of deusex is it cant realy handle the polycount but it still works here a reward

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ctck6m01wxbv4d/PFAD.rar

enjoy summon is pfad.sodacanhd1 the other codes you can get with wotgreal
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

You could reduce the polycount from Autodesk 3ds Max.. :o
Prototype
Thug

Post by Prototype »

wel i found out that increasing the size of the mesh in milkshape fixes the polycount problems in deusex so when i release pfad it wil be fixed and ye i cant reduce polycount in milkshape and i dont have a good pc enough to run that program

also note it been 2 years since i made a mesh and the meshes i did before dident look that good

so you can say this is my first mesh XD
AlvinD
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by AlvinD »

Hi PType could I ask what the poly count is on the can?
Prototype
Thug

Post by Prototype »

allready gave polycount above but its 6324 polycount note it doesnt even lag