Unrealed 2 problem

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
I AM A BOX
Mole Person

Unrealed 2 problem

Post by I AM A BOX »

I just installed the Deus Ex community patch to get the editing tools, but I can start unrealed - the editor opens and then immediately closes. It says "can't find edit package 'CoreTexStucco'. Anybody have any ideas?
I AM A BOX
Mole Person

Re: Unrealed 2 problem

Post by I AM A BOX »

Hey, I solved my own problem! Just in case anybody else ever runs into this, the Deus Ex community patch (which was the only place I could find the mod tools) is apparently missing some of the textures so the editor won't start. I had to copy a bunch of texture files from my actual DX install into the editor's texture directory.
I AM A BOX
Mole Person

Re: Unrealed 2 problem

Post by I AM A BOX »

Hey, so I'm doing the very beginner tutorials but after rebuilding the geometry I can't test my level. When I try to launch Deus Ex from the editor on loading: "Can't bind to native class lpDrv.Internetlink"

I wonder if my editor directories are messed up, or if I have the editor in the wrong directory. I'm using the UnrealEd 2 from the Deus Ex community patch, not the download from moddb.

Hm, I appear to have fixed it. The UnrealEd 2 from Russia that's included in the Deus Ex community patch still won't work, near as I can tell Windows 10 is missing some expected C++ runtime things or whatever. However, the Deus Ex SDK on moddb seems to work fine, so I guess I'm using UnrealEd 1 instead of 2.

At least it all works and I can realize my 20 year old dream of making epic Deus Ex levels! yeehaw