Deus Ex v2.0 - An unofficial fan patch for Deus Ex (HELP US)

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
The Moon Chef
Mole Person

Re: Deus Ex v2.0 - An unofficial fan patch for Deus Ex (HELP

Post by The Moon Chef »

Okay, just something I wanted to clarify. :smile:
Neveos
X-51

Post by Neveos »

It seems like leg health (not leg disablement) actually impacts jumping performance.
What I do in my other free time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfPUKuGsQ
Zireael
NSF

Post by Zireael »

I just added an extra variable to ScriptedPawn.uc, a vector indicating the last seen location of the player. As soon as the state transition is made from Attacking to Seeking, that vector is updated with the player's current location, and the "seeking" AI routine is modified to check against that vector, NOT the player's constantly updated location. That solves the most blatantly bad problem, namely NPCs loudly dismaying over how they can't find you while they follow your cloaked ass from room to room. It also makes a lot more sense, since if real people were looking for someone they'd do a radius search around the person's last known location.

Alternatively, you could alter the "seeking" routine to use the player's real location initially, then go off of the NPCs location whenever a new search radius needed to be specified. That would stop the clustering effect of NPCs, though it would look a bit more disorganized.
Is this change in?
Mathalor
Thug

Post by Mathalor »

Does anyone else have a problem getting the subtitles in the intro sequence to work? I'm thinking it might be a v2 bug. They work everywhere else.
G-Flex
Silhouette

Post by G-Flex »

The cinematic sequence in the intro should be letterboxed (i.e. should have black bars on the top and bottom). If you're using a widescreen resolution, you're in trouble, because the CinematicWindow class letterboxes the screen by calculating what a widescreen area "should" be given your current res, assuming you're not already in widescreen.

End result: If you're running the game in a widescreen resolution, stuff like that messes up and subtitles may be cut off as well.

This is fixed in the upcoming version of Human Renovation, but not anywhere else I know of, so it's not in anything available yet, unfortunately.
Mathalor
Thug

Post by Mathalor »

Nuts. And thank you.
Hanfling
MJ12

Post by Hanfling »

Found a bug:
Bitmap.ETextureFormat is not in sync with the one defined in UnTex.h.
I demand my DXE User ID back. Launcher for DeusEx, Rune, Nerf, Unreal & Botpack. HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.
Mathalor
Thug

Post by Mathalor »

I've been sending people to this page to download the unofficial fan patch:

https://code.google.com/archive/p/deusexv2/downloads

But google has altered their storage or something. Anyway. Is there another mirror to download this from?
Bird
NSF

Post by Bird »

Seems enabling JavaScript solves the problem. Since GC is on its deathbed I am seriously considering providing a mirror of these projects in the near future.