Nameless Mod Weapon Pack in Deus Ex?

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Undisputed
UNATCO

Nameless Mod Weapon Pack in Deus Ex?

Post by Undisputed »

Can anyone mod the weapons into the original Deus Ex? Theres plenty of epic guns the team made in the mod that would be incredible to use in the original :giggle:

Thanks

Alpha (Protocol) Pistol for the win!
Kee715
Illuminati

Re: Nameless Mod Weapon Pack in Deus Ex?

Post by Kee715 »

Well, I'm no expert on Deus Ex modding, but that sounds like it would be a pain to do. Unless you're going to spawn them and ammo (depending on the weapon of course) and play through the game with them like that, anyone who ported them to DX would also have to place the weapons (and the specials ammunitions, depending on the weapons) into all of the maps, and perhaps equip DX enemies with them so that you're not relying solely on crate drops.

AO's pistol, though, could be done by someone (presumably) easily. The only things to be done there would be to modify the pistol's stats in the game files to match AO's and allowing for a silencer to be attached. Or adding a duplicate (like with the Blackjack, the Magnum, or the LoBruto in Shifter) and picking it up in the game.

[EDIT]

Or, as an alternative, you could get ShifterPlus if you don't mind some rather large changes to the game. It allows you to put a silencer on the pistol. But you'll have to wait for HDTP for the sweet model, and the visible mods. :(
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

AO's pistol is easy enough to add, you copy all the .u files from TNM into DeusEx\system and then type "summon weaponuniqueao" in the console in-game. It uses 10mm ammo, so nothing else has to be done. Same thing goes for the pump gun, just type "summon weaponshotgun" and you can use it with regular buckshot.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

I'll try that, the editor isn't working for me too well though..

Edit: Didn't work, are you sure all you half to do is add the NM system files and type it in the console?
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Undisputed wrote:I'll try that, the editor isn't working for me too well though..

Edit: Didn't work, are you sure all you half to do is add the NM system files and type it in the console?
Do you have cheats enabled in DX?
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

No, I typed it in the console but it kept telling "Unrecognizable Command" I read somewhere its

Set DeusEx.JCDentonMale bCheatsEnabled True.

Is that correct? I add a /before everything too because like any other game thats how it runs commands I'm pretty sure
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

No without slashes and backslashes etc.
'Set Deusex.Human bcheatsenabled true' also works.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Undisputed
UNATCO

Post by Undisputed »

Alright, I'll try that later thanks [-o<
kodiak1504
Mole Person

Post by kodiak1504 »

Im no expert but if you download the tnag altfire mod by hejhujka you can look at his tnag replacer code which replaces all of the original dx weapons with their tnag equivalent. Only thing this doesn't work for is the weapons you get at the start and any you recieve through conversations because it can't edit flags.
Praise Jebus!!
~DJ~
UNATCO

Post by ~DJ~ »

And ofcourse, since it's SP, you'll have to summon that <edited code> of yours into SP to make it replace weapons.
johnnyvice
Mole Person

Post by johnnyvice »

Ok, so I was on the third playtrough and I was like "You know what? With TNM weapons Trestkon would do an awesome JC.
typed "legend" -> picked the unatco island map -> Trestkon "Paul, I thought you were in Honk Kong."

SUCCESS!!
Easy as having 3 b*tches blowing you at same time. (but not THAT delightful, sorry.)

But I noticed some minor things. Can't really call them bugs, i think. (I mean come on! It's the price for being able to hunt down MJ12 Commandos with a PHAT-Rifle! )

- Normal Deus Ex Weapons are not the same as their equivalents in TNM:
To help you with that, all regular DX Weapons have the word OLD in front of their names, and the description tells you to report them as a bug. (But you won't, because when they say "bug", they're not counting implications of you traveling to another dimension). Also, when you pick them up, their abbreviated names are all "BUG!!!" They work normally, you might even want to save an OLD Pistol because...

-F*CK You Gunther! You Won't Take My Pistol! I sto... Alpha gave it to me!!:
Agent Hermann on first mission asks you for a "veapon" and to "move out of ve way", provided you rescued him. Problem is, Deus Ex does not recognize TNM weapons, even regular ones like the pistol, the stealth pistol, nor the assault or sniper rifles. JC (Trestkon) will then proceed to be a motherlovin' liar and say he's not well armed. Even Though he has his pistols, Worldcorps EMP pistol, an assault rifle, a sniper rifle, a crossbow, a riot prod, a Gibinator and two vials of Crystal Melk. Did I mention his scoped Gep Gun? Oh, and DR's Katana.
Take down an NSF trooper and bring his "OLD" pistol along. That German is a fossile and as such does not understand top-rank technology. Like blow-pipes, for instance.

-Infolinks:
Infolinks Images and names don't show. You hear the voice and see the text. That's it. Actually, I would LOVE it to only play the voice with no text, much more atmosphere.

-Music is the key:
Sometimes when quick loading, TNM's Theme get into the map and plays on until you either leave the map or use a normal load.

-We don't look like Brovers(TM):
Since Trestkon is not intended to have a bro, Paul will remain Paul-ish, and it's strange for me to see the more experienced (probably older) brother still have pitch black hair while I'm already white-headed (even though I'm a rookie.) But F*** it, I have a FireBlade!

-Map Names (you know, when you get to a map and it says in the middle "Battery Park, New York" stays longer and gets into convos. (try that when talkin to anna at the subway.)

I am on Hong Kong level now. So far, no real problem to gameplay. Only thing is that if you want more TNM weapons than you got before "travelling" to Deus Ex, you either have to give Raving's a visit or use phasrox cheat. or just plain summon cheat.

Also, when on that tunnel where the triads fight with swords, let them kill each other, than summon 20+ llammas and some goat Templars, to show those chinese girls how War is done in TNM! =D

Hope you find whatever happines you wanted.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

johnnyvice wrote:- Normal Deus Ex Weapons are not the same as their equivalents in TNM:
To help you with that, all regular DX Weapons have the word OLD in front of their names, and the description tells you to report them as a bug. (But you won't, because when they say "bug", they're not counting implications of you traveling to another dimension). Also, when you pick them up, their abbreviated names are all "BUG!!!" They work normally, you might even want to save an OLD Pistol because...
You can fix that yourself. Well you can't fix them not being the equivalent of TNM weapons, any tweaks we made in TNM obviously don't apply to weapons you pick up in Deus Ex, but you can make them stop showing up as bugs if you want. It's a safety precaution we put in when we used editor scripts to replace all the original weapons with their TNM counterparts in the mod, to make sure any that slipped through the cracks would be found by the testers.

Somewhere in your folders (either DeusEx\System or TNM\System, I forget) should be a language file. It's called... DeusEx.otp or something? It works just like the German or Spanish translation files, any text in there overwrites text in the code, which makes it easy to translate strings into different languages. You can open it in Notepad and find and delete all the item name and description strings, then it'll be back to normal.
-We don't look like Brovers(TM):
Since Trestkon is not intended to have a bro, Paul will remain Paul-ish, and it's strange for me to see the more experienced (probably older) brother still have pitch black hair while I'm already white-headed (even though I'm a rookie.) But F*** it, I have a FireBlade!
Why not just pick the dark-haired Trestkon skin?
Also, when on that tunnel where the triads fight with swords, let them kill each other, than summon 20+ llammas and some goat Templars, to show those chinese girls how War is done in TNM! =D
:mrgreen:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
johnnyvice
Mole Person

Post by johnnyvice »

Now, I must say that I'm forever in love with TNM. I mean, how much time passed since last time I posted about this particular thing that can be done? It's freaking 2013 and I still play it at least yearly. And it ALWAYS goes like:
Install DX -> Install TNM almost immediately -> Playthrough TNM -> "legend" and playtrough DX
Jonas wrote: Why not just pick the dark-haired Trestkon skin?
Nope. Blue tatooed face, glasses, coat. Always.

I ran through the whole vanilla campaign last week. This time I was using more of a "covert approach", with cloak and run silent augs, silenced pistols and silenced sniper rifle. Skipped the vortex grenades this time, too much overkill (Although fun)

That being said, found a new "bug" at the endings. Trest turns into JC's first skin in all 3 of them, and his mouth does not move at the Helios Ending.

I like to think of a little "plot" for this last playthrough of mine:
Trestkon started off helping PDX but then had a change of heart when he realized he was a game character. Somehow he knew that "breaking the fourth wall" by killing the Entity was possible, but would destroy his reality, roll it back or other undesirable consequence. I mean, let's face it. If you find out you are part of a computer simulation, would you really try to kill your "God"? Anyway, Trestkon then proceeds to make an arrangement with Narcissus, creating a clone of himself to stay inside The MetaConstruct and preserve it, and the Entity in return allows to make 3 wishes.
Trest asked for all the ammo he could carry. Then he asked the entity to tell Phas that he rocked. And then asked to live the legend.
A big silence invades his head, and suddenly he is at a dock. Still shocked, he walks a few steps and Alex comes through the infolink.
Trestkon can't believe it.
His dream of actually living the legend of Deus Ex. It actually was happening. But with a PHAT-RIFLE!
And even his voice sounded like JC now!
by the time he got to Helios, the transformation was complete, except for one detail, one single though that was remembered
before going "chill" in Antartida for so many years between DX and IW, "JC" gives the PHAT-RIFLE to Tracer and tells him
"Give this to the boy when he is ready. And for fucks sake DON'T LET THIS "SAME AMMO TYPE FOR ALL WEAPONS" IDEA PASS!

So there you have it.

On a side note, it's incredible how this can have an infinite replay value. Will probably play it with my son when he has enough age for it.
New Challenge time: Low-tech mode on hard. Gotta be the ninja!

Arigatou!
JV Out
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

The JC you see in the endgames is not JC. It's a JCDouble, a generic scriptedpawn that performs JC's work in cutscenes. Hence, it won't inherit any funtime TNM code.