Conversations with audio won't end...

A refuge for those migrating from the fallen DXEditing.com and a place for general discussion relating to Deus Ex editing (coding, mapping, etc).
Crazyb2000
Mole Person

Conversations with audio won't end...

Post by Crazyb2000 »

Hello.

I'm Crazyb2000 and I'm familiar know with the modding scene but I'm fairly new to Deus Ex modding. A couple of weeks ago I decided to work on a mod for Deus Ex ( A recreation of a mod I made ages ago on another engine ) and everything's been going great...

In a few mods I am a voice actor so I decided to record voices for the conversations in this Deus Ex mod. I was able to get the audio to play in-game and it's all dandy, except for one thing; The conversations with audio don't end. Now in a cutscene conversation it doesn't matter that much, but with Barks and InfoLinks it's very noticeable.

In barks the subtitles still display after the audio has finished and the character speaking just looks at me and gestures. In the infolinks the speech starts and finishes, but then the message remains at the top of my screen not ending the transmission.

I have looked around on every deus ex related site I could think of and I still can't see what I'm doing wrong. All the settings are right and I even downloaded another program to add a start and finish point.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Re: Conversations with audio won't end...

Post by Boltersdriveer »

Hey there, welcome to the OTP Forums ;) . Although I can't help you out much, I can point you at this location to help you out with your modding: http://offtopicproductions.com/tacks/ . Cheers.
Darma
UNATCO

Post by Darma »

did you add the "End" event (the last one in the list I think) which show up the end of the conversation?
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Also, as Jonas told me (so creds to him), use a program like dBpoweramp Music Converter to remove any traces of tags on the audio-file. As it has the nasty side-effect of doing this when that's true. And opening it with several audio programs automatically adds them, even if empty.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Crazyb2000
Mole Person

Post by Crazyb2000 »

Darma wrote:did you add the "End" event (the last one in the list I think) which show up the end of the conversation?
Yes I did. I followed the universal constructor tutorials.
Hassat Hunter wrote:Also, as Jonas told me (so creds to him), use a program like dBpoweramp Music Converter to remove any traces of tags on the audio-file. As it has the nasty side-effect of doing this when that's true. And opening it with several audio programs automatically adds them, even if empty.
Hmm.... Never heard of the program, but I'll try it. right now I'm willing to try just about anything.

Cheers.

[EDIT]

Ok I haven't the foggiest idea on how to use it and I can't find a freeware version. I was searching around and found out there was a free version but now there's only the trial AKA dBpoweramp Music Converter R14.

I'll keep searching but if someone can post up a link that would save alot of time.

Thanks.

[EDIT]

Ok I'm doing alot of edits...

I have got the trial version just to see if it would work. I downloaded it and installed it and nothing changed. Same problem as before. If anyone has had this problem, and was able to fix it, please tell me how you solved it.

Thanks.
Boltersdriveer
UNATCO

Post by Boltersdriveer »

The free version works fine.
Crazyb2000
Mole Person

Post by Crazyb2000 »

Boltersdriveer wrote:The free version works fine.
Well I can't seem to find the free version. I googled around for a while and found no free version. Hell I even visited their home page and all they had was the pay-for version.

If you can link me to the free version that'd be great.

Cheers.

[EDIT]

Well I have achieved the rather possible. It seems I got it all wrong and all I had to do was right click on the mp3 file and go to ID-Tags then clearing the genre tag. Now the Barks work fine but I have yet to try it in the other conversation types.

Just one thing. If the DMC trial runs out, will I still be able to change the ID tags or will I need the freeware version to do so?

Apart from that everything seems to be fine.

Cheers! And thanks for the handy bit of info, chaps.